Lou Dobbs leaving CNN

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Nov 11, 2009.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If it weren't for that thread I just posted about the Libyan jihad code thing, which I think was actually nice journalism, I'd say meh... CNN is better than Fox News, but... it's hardly a quality news source.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I'm disappointed in your title. In keeping with the rest of the forum should be something like "Racist douchebag Dobbs leaves CNN".

3. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Thank god he should have been gone before there whole latin america thing but yeah his contract must be up and didnt want have to pay this Jerk anyway if they fired him.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out Lou.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I appreciate the sarcasm, but I think we'll leave the sensationalistic invectives to the righties. :D

6. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Sad that a patriot/American Hero like Mr. Dobbs was forced to leave his position. I'm wondering if he has any political aspirations.... hmmmmm...

I'm liking the sound of Senator Dobbs :)or dare I hope President Dobbs:D. That would like ultra mega full of win.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Hero? What has he done that is heroic?

How long until he ends up on Fox or their child network?

8. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Do you like anyone that has integrity as a human being?

9. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Not liking Mexicans?

10. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

In the face of a PC culture, Mr. Dobbs has spoken the truth about illegal aliens and the plans to give these law breakers a free ride of amnesty w/o demanding they first return to their county of origin and make a proper application.

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You have a pretty sad definition of hero. I remember back in my day when people like police, firefighters, etc were heroes....

Now you just have to be a racist old man going off on rants on CNN.

What a world.

Edit: Typically a man? Wow

12. AceWilfong macrumors regular

AceWilfong

13. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

I, and him I think, do not like anyone (Mexicans, Chinese, Korean, Canadian, whatever) that come to this county ILLEGALLY and BREAK THE LAW.

For me, its not a matter of someone of another race/country. Last week I drove someone who is graduating next month so they can get a visa to stay in the US another three months while they find a job. It great when someone from another county comes in, as long as the follow the letter of the law.

Just follow that law, that is all we ask. Is it really that hard?

BTW, if this was any other county, e.g. Japan, Taiwan, and we were there w/o a visa, we would be kicked out for not following the law.

14. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

If you cannot see at least some racism in Dobb's remarks, then you are probably a racist yourself.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I don't know who lou dobbs is, but I do think illegals need the boot.

16. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I attended one of the rallies in support of universal health care last week that coincided with Michelle Bachman's hatefest in Washington. I was at the one in Atlanta, which was held right outside the CNN building. I wondered at the time whether Lou Dobbs thought we were there to protest him. I rejoice in the fact that the airwaves are better off with one less hatemonger with a nationally-broadcast show.

17. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

It takes many many years to earn citizenship here and if your family was living in squalor in a country that wasn't going to be bothered with your plight would you just sit and hope your application was accepted to start the five year process?

If I had a family I would do anything to provide for them even if it inconvenienced a few crazy racists that aren't directly impacted by my decision.

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

:rolleyes: justification of breaking the law, and then calling people racists because they call it like it is. Fantastic.

I am glad that you put your personal self above the law, that is what builds a great society. Next time I lose my job I am just going to go steal from the local grocery store, they probably won't even notice and if they do catch me I can just call them racists.

19. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

Thank you :)

I like to learn from those that went before me.

Also I see you had some difficulty porting my metaphor so I fixed it for you.

Common mistake, believing that all countries function alike.

20. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Zombie havent you mentioned that if anyone ever attacked your family you would take justice into your own hands and deystroy whoever attacked them?

Well if my family were starving to death I would absolutely steal, or illegally enter a more prosperous nation in order to provide for them.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I also said that I would face the consequences of such actions if they were illegal. Assuming you can break the law and get away with it by calling people racists is absurd. Illegals have broken the law and need to be booted.

22. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

Never actually said that it wasn't. I was commenting on the situation on our southern boarder in particular and relating it back to the racism agains Mexicans in particular that I have encountered everywhere. And yes, I do think that the people that comment negatively on said situation have racist leanings. Not once do I hear them comment on how difficult it is to become a citizen in the US or how difficult life is in Central America. Nothing, just short-sighted spats and dehumanizing classifications. No, breaking the law is not a good way to go, but when the situation demands immediate action people are going to try to get around it, and as a human being that includes me. If you are willing to obey the law in the shadow of impending death, that's good for you, I'm sure you would look forward to the martyrdom. I however would rather not sacrifice my family for an already well-known cause and would prefer to take measures against it.

I understand not wanting to go the amnesty route since it shows weakness on our part but why now? We have shown weakness by not protecting our boarder as well as we should have in the past. I cannot imagine the economic or even the emotional consequences of rounding up millions, breaking up families and dropping them off on the other side of the line, saying "Try again" and handing out applications that take months to process.

I understand it's a huge problem and that drug dealers get in this way but does everyone have to pay for their wrongs? Do we treat all arabs like crap just because a few zealots get more air time? Oh, wait...