Loud Button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nyy8, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

I know, very picky. But for some reason my 5S home button is very loud when I click it. Kida like when I click it down, it feels like it is getting stuck, and pushes back up.

If I got a 5s, I know I'm lucky. But this loud home button might drive me nuts. Is this normal?

2. pk7 macrumors 6502

This is happening to me on my 5s too. I'm attributing it to the biometric hardware underneath but it's definitely catching my attention all the same. I'll give it a couple months and if I haven't gotten used to it or if it hasn't sorted itself out, I'll probably go get it swapped at the Genius Bar.

It feels like I'm pushing more than one button almost.

3. atteligibility macrumors regular

just started a thread about that too, I find the feel and sound of the home button to be fairly inconsistent press after press, the home button on the previous iPhones had a more satisfying feel to it

4. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I was going to make a thread about this. The 5s home button is very loud.

5. LED macrumors member

Agreed. I've found that pushing the button on the side (right or left half) makes it virtually silent and feels like how my 4s was.

6. Nyy8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

I knew I wasn't going crazy! :p Thanks for the confirmation guys.

7. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

Same on mine. Its a very noticeable click if you press it dead on. Its almost like there is an air bubble underneath and when you release the button its popping back out.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

there is more stuff and different materials under it doesn't surprise me it sounds louder...

Prob in non quiet places you won't even realize it makes any sound.

9. ricktat macrumors 6502a

10. Conan86 macrumors 6502

strange, i didn't notice the home button noise until i saw this thread and intentionally tested it.. i wouldn't consider my home button loud. in fact, i think it sounds softer than my iPhone 5

11. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Wow I was worried I was the only one but apparently I'm not lol. Since everyone else seems to be experiencing this, it must be the design. I was only worried about it because I already applied my screen protectors and whatnot, and it would suck if I had to get the phone replaced already! These Spigen glass protectors aren't cheap!

Sometimes it feels really smooth and soft, sometimes it makes the loud click. As long as it's normal, I'll be fine.

12. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

How are the glass screen protectors? I might get one.

13. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Same here. Had two 5s side by side and one was noticeably louder than the other but the screen was more yellow on the one with the quieter home button so I picked a better screen over a better home button.
    Plus my power button is loose and buzzing a lot with the vibration.

Also, anybody know if invisible shield is safe to put on? Will the new home button be more sensitive to the spray solution?

14. WilliamG macrumors 604

15. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

AMAZING. I wasn't really sold on it before, and held off on putting it on my 5 because I knew I'd be getting the 5s.

It honestly feels like the bare phone screen, and installation is much easier than conventional protectors.

16. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple