Louis C.K. Crossed a Line Into Sexual Misconduct, 5 Women Say

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jdillings, Nov 9, 2017.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Indecent exposure would be the crime I assume. If there was a crime.

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

When he took it out and started pleasuring himself. They said no or just said nothing, sitting there in shock, IIRC. One person said, he just started doing it while she was in an office with him.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What a dick move on his part.

4. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

The point where he is in a position of power in the workplace over the women that he harassed.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The big part is he didn't think that it might be a problem. "I'm just going to whip it out, I'm sure you won't mind."

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

In light of the content of the thread, I will refrain from the "I see what you did there" joke/punch line.

BL.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Agreed. I am pissed about this one as I loved his comedy. I wonder if his career is ruined or can he come back from it after a few months/years.

8. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I think choosing to acknowledge his actions rather than insulting the victims/accusers and expressing remorse is probably the best thing he could have done at this point in time.

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

True, and I'm sure there will be a bigger named shoe to drop that will make this look like nothing. He will lose all of his endorsement and production deals over this. And in his defense he never raped anyone. Sad that that is a plus considering what others are accused of.

10. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

These past few months have shown that Hollywood and the entertainment industry is sick, and has had a huge problem exposed. Perhaps it's a psychological response to fame and wealth, or maybe it's cultural. Nature vs nurture. I don't know. I'll leave that up to the academics to study.

But nobody is an angel. We've all done things we're not proud of. HOpefully it's less offensive than whipping it out in front of your employees, but still we've all got skeletons in the closet.

The best we can do when confronted with these skeletons is act like a human being - show empathy, sympathy, and remorse. In my experience, that is what most people want anyway. Plenty of victims have said that is all they want.

The worst thing you can do is what Trump, Moore, and that ilk keeps doing - deny, insult and degrade the accuser, lodge threats, make excuses, and deflect. Those things often end up looking even dirtier than the accused act itself.

I'm not going to say Louis C.K. is a good person - it looks like he isn't. But at least he's treating this incident like a good human should, and that should be encouraged these days.

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I have to admit, I would love to see his first stand up after this.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

While a refreshing change from the, if I did it, I'm sorry ********, it had a little too much me me me for my liking.

13. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Ok. If they didn’t say a clear yes, or if there was no action on their part that didn’t reasonably sum up to an agreement (dunno, undressing etc) then yes.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

That was a great apology. I have little doubt that Louis CK will emerge from this a wiser, better person.

Everyone else (Weinstein, trump, Cosby, etc.) should take notes on what it looks like to face up to one's worst moments, and learn from them.

15. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Right but I also understand that Louis is just apologizing for JO if front of them, not a crime, I think. Actually, maybe but I don't think they are pressing charges. The other guys full on raped women. Not saying its right, but I understand their denying it. (apologies to chris rock)

16. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Misdemeanor incident exposure and/or lewd act.
    He would likely only spend a night in jail and get hit with a fine or community service.

Nice touch getting the Chris Rock reference in there.;)

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

He still has so much to lose.

He may not be facing jail, but he'll still pay in many ways.

18. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

He was going to loose anyway. Maybe, he will be able to come back since he accepted responsibility for it. Maybe, he feels like a POS and was just being honest.

19. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I think it has to do with the hypocrisy over the libs in the entertainment industry over them speaking out over the very thing they do themselves.

20. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Hypocrisy from the libs? Right now, they are cutting all ties with these perverts. On the other hand, people on the right are still standing behind trump and Moore.

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Agreed. Netflix has dropped Louis' comedy special, suspended House of Cards and dropped Kevin Spacey from their movie project, opting to reshoot all of his scenes with Christopher Plummer, and has completely fired Weinstein, renamed his company and is selling it.

Meanwhile, the Right has continued to defend Trump, fat and body shame, and completely vilify all of Trump's accusers, and are trying to prosecute Moore's accusers. In short, defending them.

But then again, like one Trump supporter here always claims, they are picking their team and defending them to the death - "it's really unparalleled."

Even when they know that they are in the wrong.

If there is anything to be shown here, it is the lack of moral compass these people are showing, let alone those defending the accused without letting the truth be told.

And finally, the one major thing to be shown here is true character; Louis C.K. is at least admitting that he was wrong in doing it, apologizing for it, taking the time away from his career to reflect upon it, and hopefully try to come out of it a better man.

That really can not be said about the POTUS, who to this day has shown a complete lack of character, let alone integrity.

BL.

22. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Do you read or watch news?

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

And not Fox News, that doesn't count as a biased source.

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

What a weird comment considering that Hollywood is punishing these guys and they're apologizing, meanwhile, the right-wing defends their guys as they reach for real positions of power.

Really, Louie C.K. and Kevin Spacey are horrible people, but Moore and Trump are trying to reach not just positions of power, but positions of political power where they can influence the lives of others.

25. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Right. That’s why I said news. As in journalism. Fox News use the “we are opinionated entertainment” when they are discredited. I’ve seen Hannity and O’Reilly use that card when found out.