Louisianans: "We knew you would be there for us, Mr. Trump!"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Aug 20, 2016.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

From the linked article:

"Trump and Pence received a warm reception as they toured a heavily-damaged portion of East Baton Rouge Parish. A crowd of supporters near a local Baptist church where volunteers have gathered to feed flood victims cheered the pair."

"Donald Trump landed Friday in flood-ravaged Louisiana Friday, where he consoled homeowners and toured devastated communities, telling one homeowner he is "going to rebuild.""

"Neither President Obama nor Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton have visited the state since historic rains flooded rivers and creeks, killing 13, wrecking 40,000 homes and affecting more than 100,000 residents."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...draws-cheers-as-says-region-will-rebuild.html

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

In Michigan, some people are saying "it costs more than its worth" (to rebuild) - presumably modern day Democrats, since no true Republican I know of would surely ever be so callous and disrespectful. It's also a generalization, but I've had the misfortune of talking with enough democrats personally and enough of them have shared the viewpoint. They're also baby boomers, yet I can't believe those generational generalizations because Trump and others, regardless of political viewpoint, actually do give a **** about this country and people.

You also put in quotes FOX News' article's commentary, as if trying to make it sound like someone related to Trump's party might have said it (misinterpretation on my part, obviously, anyone who reads the article will see it):

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Obama had a busy schedule guys, plus his rudder steering arm is still having to recover from 36 holes of golf. I'm sure he will evaluate the situation from a plane window on his way back through.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Katrina also killed at least 20x more people.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Hillary doesn't want to distract the 3 people who would actually show up to see her without being paid.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Hilary needs more than three policemen to look after her security.

7. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

The governor of Louisiana already told Republicans to sit the hell down and shut up, he didn't want Obama there because he felt there's nothing he could help with today that he can't do in a couple of weeks when more roads are open.

Funny thing about Louisiana, it's a ruby red state but their last Republican governor was such a disaster they decided to replace him with a Democrat.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

It's nice he went down. Is Trump going to help rebuild if he doesn't become president? Or is that a campaign "promise." How is this thread different from the other you posted?

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Security? Or making sure she doesn't pass out and fall down from walking up a flight of stairs?

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

11. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Why's Hillary so unpopular with the "little" people?

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Is she? And is that overall - or just in some states? Can you quantify your comment?

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Do we need to bring up when Clinton was nearly blown up in Manilla, or when Reagan was shot, or a hand grenade was thrown at Bush Junior? Or when Ford was nearly shot?

And that's not to mention the Kennedy assassination.

14. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

The extra security referred to is precautionary to prevent Hillary from collapsing.

-------

From the article: "But Clinton said visiting the state amid the damage and ongoing relief effort would be a "distraction.""

The distraction referred to is the closing gap between Clinton and Trump.

Besides, Hillary can only hobble so far on her own. Very distracting.

-----

15. Robisan macrumors 6502

Man dressed for day at the yacht club hands out much needed Play-Doh to flood victims...

[​IMG]

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Nothing wrong with Play-Doh. Kids lost everything and need things to keep their minds off their misery.

17. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Or tripped. But lying makes you feel better I guess.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You have no idea. It's like you've never seen any world leaders security in action.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

They can do both.

20. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Let me borrow your cystal ball when you're done with it.

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Look when Obama travels somewhere you need hundreds, if not thousands, of extra police to keep him safe.

Personally if there have been major floods I'd rather those police were helping keep people who live their safe and stop looting. Not to make other Americans feel like Obama "cares".

And I suspect even a flyover requires some extra policing - and he'd be criticised for not going on the ground for that.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

23. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And that's not a very good answer there. So now you have two questions to answer:

1. The original one...how does 49 seconds of photo op help anyone?
    2. What is your beef with the source?