Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GigaWire

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2001
copying a 169 MB folder from my iBook to powermac via airport. My calculations @ 10Mbps indicate a transfer time aaround a minute and a half. Actual transfer speed was 40 minutes. So what's the deal? Both have completely strong signals. powermac is on AE extreme, iBook is on regular airport.

any help?

thanks in advance

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
are you within 50 feet. if you are not your just getting 802.11b settings.

iJon

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by iJon
are you within 50 feet. if you are not your just getting 802.11b settings.

iJon

He said that the iBook has a regular card and not AE, and he also mentioned that the time he calculated was at 10Mbps.

I've found that restarting my base station helps if this happens. In your case, try restarting the host computer.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by ibookin'
He said that the iBook has a regular card and not AE, and he also mentioned that the time he calculated was at 10Mbps.

I've found that restarting my base station helps if this happens. In your case, try restarting the host computer.
ah ok, i read it at work so i was in a rush, didnt catch all details.

iJon

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Ok, since you own a laptop, i suggest u just link them directly. I transfer 500 mb files in like 2-3 minutes, plus airport doesn't seem to like the bigger files and can sometimmes disconnect. Truth be told once u use wires for file transfer ull wonder if you want to bother with airport file transfers again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.