Love iPhone 5S! Fingerprint scanner is the best thing since sliced bread!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by s54, Oct 2, 2013.

1. s54 macrumors regular

I love it!

It works flawlessly, every single time. Out of the last 20 or so login attemps, it's 20/20 accurate. And best of all, it's instant. As in, bang, no wait time. I just press it and I'm in. It's that fast.

I seriously think this is the best feature of my new Silver Verizon iPhone 5S 32GB. I upgraded from an Silver Verizon iPhone 5 16GB today. To me, the upgrade was worth every penny. The phone is much faster than my iPhone 5 even when navigating between menus. Browser pages load faster. Camera is greatly improved. Can't say enough about this phone.

I purchased the phone at full price - after selling my 5 on eBay for $450 - and kept my unlimited everything plan:

unlimited talk - $70
    unlimited messages - $20
    unlimited data - $30

Can't ask for more. Literally :D

2. Alectric macrumors regular

Good! It's nice to see someone's enjoying the phone as much as I will.

3. scottish macrumors 6502a

4. s54 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, forgot to mention I'm on a 20% corp discount :D

5. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I have to agree, Touch ID works for me 99% of the time.

I was worried after seeing Techno Buffalos review, where John stated it works about 6 times out of 10. Not sure what he's doing wrong, perhaps he got a faulty unit?

But anyway, for me, and the couple of people I know with the new iPhone, it's been practically flawless!

6. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

It sounds stupid but I think it actually depends on how big your fingers/thumbs are.

7. sk24iam macrumors regular

I have to wait until February 2014 until my upgrade. Have you tried adding multiple fingerprints to your phone or just your own?

8. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

I love it too. My thumb is massive and it works 99% of the time.

BAM!!

Attached Files:

9. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I really like it, too. My method is just to wake the phone using the home button and I keep my thumb laying on top of the sensor for it to scan. To me, it's quicker than swiping to unlock even without a password.

10. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Yeah I have the same method.

I'm still having to get out of the habit of unlocking it via swipe and code though.

11. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Mine works 9 out of 10 times but my wifes worked maybe 3 out of 10. I think some iPhones have faulty sensors or some peoples fingers are deformed.

12. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

That's great. I'll probably wait for the 6 though. I still love my 5. It's the first year I'm staying put. :)

And yes, switch to T-Mobile or something.
    $50 rate plan
    $20 unlimited data (no caps)
    $22 per month for 24 months and $99 down for the 5S 16GB.

Add your discount afterwards.

13. Jack Dangers macrumors regular

Agree, I think it's an amazing feature. I also had the Moto Atrix back in the day which had a fingerprint scanner, Touch ID blows it away.

Very convenient.

14. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I have the same method too. I press the home button and keep my finger still and it instantly unlocks.

It's funny because when I had my 4S, I was thinking of not upgrading and I just thought the FP scanner was silly, but it's actually really neat. Much cooler feature than I imagined.

My touch ID works 100% of the time, no "try agains" for me.

15. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Its cool, works great but it doesn't make my phone experience better than any phone before it that didn't have it.

16. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I don't think it was meant to enhance the experience, it's just a quick way to unlock, makes it feel more personal.

17. Russiaone macrumors 6502

I don't know... sliced bread is pretty good... 'specially with some butter, ham, cheese, and hot sauce.

18. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

You're still on a very expensive contract... Hope you do enjoy the phone for the money you're paying.

19. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

yea I was thinking the same. sliced bread is something alright. I don't think TouchID is better than that. :cool:

20. scottish macrumors 6502a

Agreed. If you work out the cost over two years (for comparisons sake) it's $3053. At least the 20% discount saves you $600! I haven't taken into account the contribution from the sale of your iPhone 5.

Here in the UK if I go with the the plan I'm thinking of which gets me more or less unlimited texts and minutes and truly unlimited data with tethering I will pay £1069 ($1734) and that's with a 64GB phone.

Is what you're paying typical of US prices? Or is this the only way you can preserve your unlimited data?

21. s54 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure what you guys mean by expensive. If I chose 10 GB of data with any of the new plans, I'd be looking at double the price. And I'd still be stuck with limited data.

My phone bill after taxes and fees and corp discount is just shy of $110. For unlimited everything from the best carrier is a great price IMO. Not to mention my LTE is always around 50 Mbps.

Yes, people always says T-mobile this or that, but at the end of the day there's a reason why I switched from T-mobile a few years ago and will never go back. It sucked. I almost NEVER had reception.

Also, I'm not sure what you guys mean by "true unlimited". I usually go well beyond 30 GB per month on my Verizon iPhone. What exactly is "not truly unlimited" about it? I don't get it.

22. Matt8045 macrumors regular

Sometimes it works 5/5 times and other times I get locked out with fail after fail. I don't get it. I must be using my finger wrong

23. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Wait till tomorrow it will be hit and miss. Lets hear from someone that has it work 100% day after day. Won't happen.

24. s54 thread starter macrumors regular

I'll be more than happy to report back tomorrow and after a week.

25. urkel macrumors 68030

Day 1: OMG. Touch ID is awesome. I never really used a PIN much but this makes it easier to be safe. It's 100% accurate, almost no delay and it makes me feel like a spy.

Day 3: Workflow hiccups from "immediate lock" requiring constant logins. iPhone constantly disabled from kids playing with passcode screen.

Day 7: Touch ID is awesome... but I dont work for S.H.I.E.L.D. and if I never felt the need for super security in my last 6 years then do I really need it now? Touch ID disabled, workflow restored.