Love my 3gs but I have a couple questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcpilot, Jun 22, 2009.

1. hcpilot macrumors newbie

I have been a blackberry user for several years and there are a few things that I miss and I am curious if some of the following can be done on the iphone.

1. Is there a way to sort emails or search only for unread emails? If I have an unread email from a week back it is a pain to find. On a Blackberry you hit the letter u and go to the oldest unread email and each time you press the letter u you are taken to the next unread email.

2. Can I set the phone so that emails only vibrate and telephone calls ring?

3. I have two email accounts setup on my iphone and I was wondering if there is a way to see the emails from both accounts in a single consolidated view?

Thanks

2. Surklyn macrumors regular

No. to All of the above. <SIGH> it would be nice.. I never thought I'd need this amount of e-mail management, but I am LONGING for it ever since I got a phone that gets e-mail.....

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Actually, you can go to Preferences -> Sounds and turn off the New Mail sound. I think this will still cause the phone to vibrate when a new mail comes in as long as vibrate is turned on. Haven't tried it, though.

4. hcpilot thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. Turning of the new Email sound option does not allow the phone to ring and also have vibrate for new Emails.

5. Tannerozzy macrumors regular

Tannerozzy

Isn't that exactly what you wanted? For the phone not to ring when you get an email, but to vibrate only?

Unless you meant that switching the New Mail sound to off prevented actual phone calls from ringing?