Love my iPhone, but a couple minor things I'd like to see changed...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2002cbr600f4i, Jul 17, 2008.

1. 2002cbr600f4i macrumors 6502

Ok, after a week with my phone, a few issues I have (all are easily fixable with sw updates) :

One issue I have with the contacts list on the iPhone:

It doesn't carry across all the fields from the Address Book on my mac.

I run Adium on my mac and used AdiumBook to merge my AIM/YahooIM contacts over into my address book and match them up with the corresponding Address book entries. On the iPhone, those fields don't show up.

Since there's the AIM app now, I'd really like for those to show up, and it'd be even better if the AIM app could pull buddy list info from the Address book entries.

Issue #2: The calendar notification alert sound is horribly quiet. They really need to let us select the sound like we can with the other alerts.

Issue #3: PLEASE give us an easier way to turn on/off the various radios rathe than digging throuhg multiple sub-menus in the Settings app.

Issue #4: Another Calendar Thing... It would be nice if there was a field to enter phone # and/or address information (so say my calendar entry is for a conference call at that time.. when the alert comes up I could just touch the phone # and it would autodial, or address comes up and I could touch it and the map would auto-display with location displayed.)

Issue #5: Editing a Calendar entry - it's not possible to change which calendar the entry belongs to. You can only set it when you initially create the entry. doh!

Issue #6: AIM App - be nice if it would show the NickName you assigned to the buddy on the buddy list. I've been trying to use it for TXT msging phones and it only shows the phone # on the buddy list. Hard to remember who's # is who's (esp since there's no integration with the phone book/Contacts...)

Issue #7: Be nice if one of the 3rd Party Todo list programs would sync with iCal's todo lists...

Issue #8: The camera... OMG it's SLOW taking pictures. Get rid of the stupid animation and just TAKE THE PICTURE! I've missed multiple photos already because it takes so long to actually snap after I've hit the "Take Photo" button.

These are all minor things, but fixing them would go a long way towards making the iPhone that much better IMO....

(And yes, Copy/paste, and all the other stuff ya'll complain about would be nice as well... )

2. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

"A couple minor things" and your list is 8 items long. :p

3. cantankerously macrumors regular

:p

4. 2002cbr600f4i thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL, yeah, sorry... Originally it was only going to be 2 things and then I just kept thinking of stuff...

Still, I don't think any of those items are particularly huge ones for Apple to fix...

5. GNice macrumors 6502

My biggest issue is the performance of the firmware. It's clearly not the hardware because 1st generation iPhone and iPod Touch users that upgraded to 2.0 are seeing the same thing.

I love my iPhone, but can't wait for them to get this fixed. Since I saw the improvements of the firmware with the 1st generation iPhones I'm confident the improvements are coming. However for folks new to the iPhone this has to be very disconcerting and Apple could really hurt themselves if they don't get an update soon (folks that are new may not be quite as patient as us grizzled veterans :D).