Low power mode vs regular on 8 plus?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by tripleh3lix, Oct 4, 2017.

1. tripleh3lix macrumors 6502

tripleh3lix

Anyone do a test to see how it affects day to day usage between the two? I’m wondering if it’s any better than the 7 plus. I can’t seem to find any big tests around for the comparisons between the two for the 8 plus.

It seemed to be about the same for me between both modes, maybe 20-30 minutes more in low power mode. Anyone else having significant battery savings in LPM?

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

It can depend on what you normally have enabled. If you normally have everything enabled then LPM can potentially show better savings, but if you disable or turn down a lot of things normally as it is, then LPM might not come of as saving too much in comparison.

3. tripleh3lix thread starter macrumors 6502

tripleh3lix

I pretty much have most notifications other than Instagram, messenger and message/calls/timer/main iOS stuff disabled. Have background app refresh off, screen brightness is usually about 25-30 percent, location services and all that diagnostic stuff is usually off as well. I also turn Bluetooth and any other functions off as well. As well as raise to wake.

Only things I have on a daily basis are “hey Siri” and Find My iPhone. So it’s still not really worth it to keep low power mode on at this point ?

4. Dj64Mk7 macrumors 65816

Do you have Hey Siri on for a specific reason? If the answer is no, you don’t use it, then it probably wouldn’t hurt to stay in Low Power Mode.

5. tripleh3lix thread starter macrumors 6502

tripleh3lix

I do use it a lot while I’m driving, working, or getting ready for work and replying to texts. But it’s not THAT important.

6. Dj64Mk7 macrumors 65816

If you deem having it off as not a huge inconvenience, then, as I said before, it couldn’t possibly hurt to try enabling Low Power Mode for a day or two to see what kind of results it nets you.

7. tripleh3lix thread starter macrumors 6502

tripleh3lix

Thank you will do!

If I say get a new phone, will turning off automatic app downloads not sync my apps back in place? Or is it something different ?

8. Dj64Mk7 macrumors 65816

From an iCloud backup, apps will automatically restore.

As far as I understand, automatically downloading apps only applies to new apps purchased on other iOS devices.