Lower AT&T Bill While Keeping Unlimited DATA?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hobbes., Jun 27, 2011.

1. Hobbes. macrumors regular

Simple question, wanted to ask MR before I try going to AT&T.

Here is my current plan:
    FamilyTalk Nation 700 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes

We have 2 iPhones (iPhone 2G, iPhone4) and want to keep our unlimited data.

I read some where we could save money if we do this?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/09/atandt-rolling-out-unlimited-calling-to-any-mobile-number/

Anyways, just trying to cut corners, where we can. we hardly ever use our minutes usually barely using half and we have over 2,700 rollover minutes.

Flame me all you want, I couldn't easily search Mroogle to find exactly what I was looking for and just need a simple answer if possible (I work long days and can't just go to AT&T when they are open, usually have to go when it's my day off or lunch break)

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you obviously just need a cheaper voice plan, the data plan wont get any cheaper if you keep it the same, maybe get rid of the unlimed mobile to mobile, less day time minutes and only make calls in the evenings and weekend

3. forcetactic macrumors 6502

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're on the lowest family plan which qualifies for unlimited any mobile so it won't be saving you money

4. Hobbes. thread starter macrumors regular

This is true, I am on the lowest family plan however, we never signed up or got switched to the new unlimited any mobile to mobile. So I wasn't sure if there was any savings to be had.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

When you downgrade your voice plan, I believe you lose a bunch of your roll over minutes. The only way I think you can lower your bill is apply a discount (possibly through your employer or university)

6. shareef777 macrumors 68000

shareef777

Pretty much. OP, you can add the unlimited mobile to mobile, but that doesn't really change anything. To qualify for the unlimited mobile to mobile you need to remain on a 700+ min family plan.

7. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

You can switch to the FamilyTalk 550 plan, which is $59.99 a mo, but will not be eligible for the unlimited mobile to mobile calling