Loyalty means nothing !!

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
I'm thinking of buying the iPhone 5 , although cannot afford the £36 per month Orange/T Mobile want me to pay.

I find it hard to believe that for £35 its unlimited everything, (1GB internet) + free wifi via BT Openzone and the next tariff down is only a 100 mins . There is no middle tariff !

Apparently loyalty means nothing for iPhone deals. After being with them for 32 months I am angered by this.

My question is will the tariffs become cheaper ? They all seem to have similar deals with no "middle tariff". I am unable to afford these prices as it is at the moment . May make me switch to the Galaxy S3 where my loyalty (although not long) may count for something.

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
I have been with Sprint for more then 11 years, That's a hell of a lot longer then 32 months and they wont even wave my activation fee of $36.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I'm thinking of buying the iPhone 5 , although cannot afford the £36 per month Orange/T Mobile want me to pay.

I find it hard to believe that for £35 its unlimited everything, (1GB internet) + free wifi via BT Openzone and the next tariff down is only a 100 mins . There is no middle tariff !

Apparently loyalty means nothing for iPhone deals. After being with them for 32 months I am angered by this.

My question is will the tariffs become cheaper ? They all seem to have similar deals with no "middle tariff". I am unable to afford these prices as it is at the moment . May make me switch to the Galaxy S3 where my loyalty (although not long) may count for something.
Why would you think any large corporation gives a damn about your loyalty? It's money that matters to them, there are plenty to replace you if you leave.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
I have been with Sprint for more then 11 years, That's a hell of a lot longer then 32 months and they wont even wave my activation fee of $36.
I know it's not long (32months). Just infuriating the deals on offer for the iPhone 5. I believe in the US you have fewer networks thank people in the UK ? People switching networks in the UK is more frequent due to the greater number of networks

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
In US and Canada your plan would be $65 a month. Don't complain about your plans, it's the hardware you guys pay out the ass for

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Buy it unlocked and use any carrier that offers a better deal.
Your carriers plans don't suit you then you say that pushes you towards another phone for some reason? It's 2 unrelated things.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
Your carriers plans don't suit you then you say that pushes you towards another phone for some reason? It's 2 unrelated things.
Buy the handset out right = £529 . 529/24 = £22 per month alone for the phone.

Yes. Other phones would be cheaper which is why the price of the iPhone pushes my towards other phones

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Buy the handset out right = £529 . 529/24 = £22 per month alone for the phone.

Yes. Other phones would be cheaper which is why the price of the iPhone pushes my towards other phones
You have a lot more freedom with an unlocked phone and I'm sure you can get some great deals on service without a contract.
Either way you pay it all at once or pay it little by little every month with your carrier doesn't make much difference. You can't have both a very cheap service plan and your carrier subsidize your new iPhone.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Due to the high prices for the iPhone
Those contract prices are only for the iPhone? It's legal over there to charge different rates for the same data? :confused:

Or are you talking about buying a new iPhone, and instead will look for something else because the phone itself is more expensive.

I'm just trying to understand exactly what you are saying here.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
Those contract prices are only for the iPhone? It's legal over there to charge different rates for the same data? :confused:

Or are you talking about buying a new iPhone, and instead will look for something else because the phone itself is more expensive.

I'm just trying to understand exactly what you are saying here.
I will look for something else as the prices to buy the phone, on contract is too expensive. The tariffs are too expensive

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk

Exactly what i prefer to do.

No long contracts.
No worrying about having the money to pay the monthly bill.
Pay as you go gives me complete control. If i cant pay then no worrying about bank charges for missed direct debits or my credit rating being hit.
£25.50 for 300 cross network minutes/unlimited texts/50 mms and 1gb date.
Ability to change networks when i want.

Disposable income.

Last edited:

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
Your just a number they don't care about you they just want there profit margins there a business If they did that for every customer they would be in trading for long.I am not been funny with you but would you be waving fees for people if you own a business (I think not) you got to look at it from there point of view too companies are out to make money simple if i had a business i would be doing the same I would want to make as much money as i can more the better.Apple is one of the richest companies in the world now you dont see them given anything really away for free for giveaway always concern money at some point.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008

No long contracts.
Pay as you go gives me complete control. If i cant pay then no worrying about bank charges for missed direct debits or my credit rating being hit.

Disposable income to pay £529.
Sweet.
Can't beat it.

sneaky butcher

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
giff gaff who are owned by O2 and use the O2 network have very interesting tarrifs if you by the phone unlocked.

£10 = 250 mins, unlimited text & unlimited 3g data ( dont know about tethering they probably charge or dont allow it)

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
giff gaff who are owned by O2 and use the O2 network have very interesting tarrifs if you by the phone unlocked.

£10 = 250 mins, unlimited text & unlimited 3g data ( dont know about tethering they probably charge or dont allow it)

They don't have a nano sim yet and i don't fancy trying to trim now my micro-sim.

They dont allow tethering but many jail brake and use tweaks.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Then... just keep the phone you have and save up to get an iPhone? Or just get something else?

I would love a Porsche but I don't have the cash so I need to stick with my beat up Jetta.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
You have a lot more freedom with an unlocked phone and I'm sure you can get some great deals on service without a contract.
Either way you pay it all at once or pay it little by little every month with your carrier doesn't make much difference. You can't have both a very cheap service plan and your carrier subsidize your new iPhone.
More freedom? Like what?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008

Sweet. You will never ever get prices like that on contract with your carrier paying for your brand new iPhone.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009

No long contracts.

Disposable income.
Yep I buy my choice of handset and take a rolling 1 month contract of my choice. At the moment it's three. 5000texts 3000minutes and unlimited data! No caps

With tethering £25
Without £15

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.