Loyalty means nothing !!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Superman041, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Superman041 macrumors regular

I'm thinking of buying the iPhone 5 , although cannot afford the £36 per month Orange/T Mobile want me to pay.

I find it hard to believe that for £35 its unlimited everything, (1GB internet) + free wifi via BT Openzone and the next tariff down is only a 100 mins . There is no middle tariff !

Apparently loyalty means nothing for iPhone deals. After being with them for 32 months I am angered by this.

My question is will the tariffs become cheaper ? They all seem to have similar deals with no "middle tariff". I am unable to afford these prices as it is at the moment . May make me switch to the Galaxy S3 where my loyalty (although not long) may count for something.

2. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

I have been with Sprint for more then 11 years, That's a hell of a lot longer then 32 months and they wont even wave my activation fee of $36.

3. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

Move to another network?

I've just moved from O2 to 3, and couldnt be happier!

Jordan

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Why would you think any large corporation gives a damn about your loyalty? It's money that matters to them, there are plenty to replace you if you leave.

5. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

I know it's not long (32months). Just infuriating the deals on offer for the iPhone 5. I believe in the US you have fewer networks thank people in the UK ? People switching networks in the UK is more frequent due to the greater number of networks

6. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

In US and Canada your plan would be $65 a month. Don't complain about your plans, it's the hardware you guys pay out the ass for

7. matttye macrumors 601

If there's money to be made, they will make it. They know people will pay a high price for an iPhone.

8. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

Very true, just pushes me towards another phone altogether

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Buy it unlocked and use any carrier that offers a better deal.
    Your carriers plans don't suit you then you say that pushes you towards another phone for some reason? It's 2 unrelated things.

10. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

Buy the handset out right = £529 . 529/24 = £22 per month alone for the phone.

Yes. Other phones would be cheaper which is why the price of the iPhone pushes my towards other phones

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You have a lot more freedom with an unlocked phone and I'm sure you can get some great deals on service without a contract.
    Either way you pay it all at once or pay it little by little every month with your carrier doesn't make much difference. You can't have both a very cheap service plan and your carrier subsidize your new iPhone.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Why would the carrier push you to a different phone? :confused:

13. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

Due to the high prices for the iPhone

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Those contract prices are only for the iPhone? It's legal over there to charge different rates for the same data? :confused:

Or are you talking about buying a new iPhone, and instead will look for something else because the phone itself is more expensive.

I'm just trying to understand exactly what you are saying here.

15. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

I will look for something else as the prices to buy the phone, on contract is too expensive. The tariffs are too expensive

16. bandofbrothers, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Exactly what i prefer to do.

No long contracts.
    No worrying about having the money to pay the monthly bill.
    Pay as you go gives me complete control. If i cant pay then no worrying about bank charges for missed direct debits or my credit rating being hit.
    £25.50 for 300 cross network minutes/unlimited texts/50 mms and 1gb date.
    Ability to change networks when i want.

Disposable income.

17. pommie82 macrumors 6502

Your just a number they don't care about you they just want there profit margins there a business If they did that for every customer they would be in trading for long.I am not been funny with you but would you be waving fees for people if you own a business (I think not) you got to look at it from there point of view too companies are out to make money simple if i had a business i would be doing the same I would want to make as much money as i can more the better.Apple is one of the richest companies in the world now you dont see them given anything really away for free for giveaway always concern money at some point.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sweet.
    Can't beat it.

19. sneaky butcher macrumors 6502

giff gaff who are owned by O2 and use the O2 network have very interesting tarrifs if you by the phone unlocked.

£10 = 250 mins, unlimited text & unlimited 3g data ( dont know about tethering they probably charge or dont allow it)

20. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

If you buy the phone outright, what do you do when you want a new phone ? Go through the hassle of selling it ?

21. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

They don't have a nano sim yet and i don't fancy trying to trim now my micro-sim.

They dont allow tethering but many jail brake and use tweaks.

22. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Then... just keep the phone you have and save up to get an iPhone? Or just get something else?

I would love a Porsche but I don't have the cash so I need to stick with my beat up Jetta.

23. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

More freedom? Like what?

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sweet. You will never ever get prices like that on contract with your carrier paying for your brand new iPhone.

25. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Yep I buy my choice of handset and take a rolling 1 month contract of my choice. At the moment it's three. 5000texts 3000minutes and unlimited data! No caps

With tethering £25
    Without £15