Lt. Col. Allen West is running for Congress

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Jan 13, 2010.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Not even going to watch because of the inflammatory thread title. Why is it that you can't express yourself in a rational manner?

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

This sort of crap is really dragging down the quality of PRSI, that's for sure.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm sick of it. It's trolling at it's worst. That title was put there to inflame and nothing more.

It's reported.

5. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Ya, not that your post calling me a liar about something I didn't say; is building up the PRSI.:rolleyes:

The fact is that many republicans, conservatives, and independents were, and still are called racists because we would not support Obama. It is a fact.

Well, as most republicans, conservatives, and independents believe-it is the message not the skin color. I love LtCol West's reference to Reids remarks in the link.

I have no illusions that more than 5 prsi posters would vote for this person-but is it because of race?

so what

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Stu- that thread title was trolling, bottom line. So what if you changed it. You've ruined any chance of anyone reading your links at this point. And no one here ever called you a racist for not voting for Obama. Imagine things all you want.

And you sit here and wonder why people don't take you seriously when you post threads with titles such as "Only a racist wouldn't vote for this guy"?

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

He's only changed it if he has two accounts as it looks like mkrishnan changed it to me ;).

------------------------------------------------

On the video, what exactly is so great about him. To me he just sounds like a republican Obama.

8. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

While the title put me off - I figured there was some trolling involved, and clicking a link without more info is too much work for those cases - there is some ironic truth to his statement.

I took a bit of direct and indirect racism flack from coworkers for refusing to even think about voting for Obama after August '08.

9. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Agree. We need leaders.

We already have too many politicians.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

PRSI isn't even really enjoyable anymore because of crap like this. I have no problem with opposing opinions, but when they're posted in an inflammatory, trolling manner, I do have a problem with it.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Did someone here call you a racist for not voting for Obama? No? Then that thread title was inappropriate to post here and did nothing but irritate people.

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

After thinking about the video more, I do have another couple of questions on the guy. Especially in light of him not wanting government help to get on in life.

1) Which private school did he attend?

2) Which mercenary force did he reach the rank of Lt. Col. in?

As obviously attending state school is accepting government help to succeed and the same applies for working for the US Army as its paid for by the taxpayer.

13. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I think a lot of Obama supporters pulled the racist card out way too soon, and in way too many circumstances.

Unfortunately, the right has a history of supporting racist candidates, racist agendas, and racist policies, but that doesn't mean everyone on the right is racist. It doesn't mean that anyone who votes republican is a racist.

On the other hand, the right should acknowledge your history. Lincoln was a Republican, but shortly after his presidency, the Republicans of that day and age became the democrats. The Republicans became the party of the south.

Read up on your history. I'm no expert, and I don't have cites, but it's worth exploring. I say that because there are some on both sides that think we're all perfect, and we aren't.

Reasonable disagreements are ok. They don't mean you're a bad person. They merely mean you disagree. Inthenet has often said things that I think are incredibly wrong, but he's entitled to his sophmoric, immature opinions. (LOL - see that was wrong! He's entitled to his opinions, and I'm entitled to disagree with him.)

Palin is a tool! That's my opinion.

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And he was such an upstanding military man too :rolleyes:

From Wiki:

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Please reread my post. Did anyone HERE call any member of this forum a racist for not voting for Obama? NO. That thread title was posted specifically to inflame.

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

But someone somewhere in the world at some point called a conservative a racist (stupidly) for not voting for obama! Surely that means that anyone who doesn't proclaim Obama the anti christ is out to get them!
    :rolleyes:

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And now this, straight from the mouth of Allen West. I knew it wouldn't take long to find some weird extremist crap:

http://american-conservativevalues....west-responds-to-harry-reids-racist-comments/

Yeah, sounds like just the right guy for Congress. :eek: Such disingenuous comments. Notice how he avoids saying "conservative" and "liberal" and only uses "Democrat" and "Republican". He thinks he's being honest, when really, he's just trying to see if he can fool people.

18. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Lee, Lee, Lee my friend. I wasn't directing anything negative at you. I was only saying that those on the right accuse the left of using the racist card anytime someone doesn't agree with Obama. I think it's an often overused accusation against the right.

But, it's like the chicken who cried wolf, or the boy who said the sky is falling. Just because they yell too often, doesn't mean the big bad cloud wolf isn't bearing down on them.

There are too many examples of the right actually being racist to waste the racist card on stupid/arguably not racist stuff.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What? Anytime someone doesn't agree with Obama they're called a racist? Do you really mean to say that? I'm sorry, that is simply not true. I disagree with Obama all the time and have yet to be called a racist.

Now, how about you look at my above post. That's infinitely more troubling. ;)

20. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

In the US any idiot can run for office.
    Unfortunately the electorate seems to be less able to keep the extremists from attaining office.

And yes - MacRumors has gotten less enjoyable over the last 6 months due to the "extremists" on both sides firing salvos. If you feel so strongly to post pages upon pages of partisan drivel, GET A BLOG!

21. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

What we have here is a failure to communicate...

Often, not everytime,when someone doesn't agree with Obama, the left, will sometimes, but not everytime, accuse the right of racism. It's an accusation that is overused, and often, but not everytime, wrong.

I was merely pointing out that every instance of the right disagreeing with the President isn't racist, but at the same time, the right has a history of racism, and some of the critism of the right is justified.

Thus, the cry wolf/chicken little references.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

OK. However, the reason the original thread title was inflammatory was because no one here in this forum has accused anyone of racism for disagreeing with Obama. Therefore, that thread title has no place in this forum and served no purpose other than to irritate the members of this forum. Are we all clear now? ;)

Now let's address post #17, shall we? ;)

23. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Bush Jr./Quayle/Palin/Perot/Etc... I just noticed that the idiot and extremist labels are overlapping.

24. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Yes, and I agree with you. I think inflammatory statements that someone has accused someone else of racism shoudn't be here, not only because no one did that, but also for the reason I pointed out.

25. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Holy crap! Palin/West 2012!!!!

Sorry, I didn't see that post. I'm shocked.