LTE in North Bay area???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhonedemon, Sep 21, 2012.

1. iPhonedemon macrumors member

Anyone getting LTE north of SF? Specifically Marin County? I called At&T and they said a lot of Marin should be covered but I have yet to get a signal. Any luck from anyone?

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

That sucks. I couldn't get 3g downtown SF on AT&T's service let alone LTE. :eek:
    I know that didn't answer your question but you have my sympathies. Hopefully you can find a good LTE spot nearby. :(

3. ktz macrumors newbie

No LTE for me. I'm in Kentfield. The AT&T coverage map shows most of southern Marin covered, but looks like it stops around Larkspur/Corte Madera. Kinda bummed. About to go for a hike and check out where it picks up the signal.

4. iPhonedemon thread starter macrumors member

Keep us posted. I hope they expand to most of Marin soon.

5. iPhonedemon thread starter macrumors member

Update. Went to out to a 100% LTE spot according to coverage map. Still no LTE. Called in customer service person unregistered and re-registered my LTE power cycled phone still no LTE.

She transferred me to a tech who claimed on his end that the all the towers near me do not support LTE! He then looked at the coverage map on the website and did not know why it showed as LTE compatible because his data showed different. I dunno if BS or what? He will "report to his supervisor". Kinda baffled.

6. ktz macrumors newbie

Oh. Well that's hot for us. Not gonna complain because 4G still better than 3, and I can only snag about 3 bars max anywhere west of 101 anyhow.

7. iPhonedemon thread starter macrumors member

Anyone in Marin ever get on LTE at&t? I was never able to :(

8. Allenz macrumors member

I find this hard to believe. I live in SF AND Marin. I work downtown SF and have a strong LTE signal on both my phone and iPad. Live in Excelsior, and everywhere between the two places, pretty much all over the city, I have consistent LTE on both.

Now Marin is another story. As soon as I cross the bridge and go thru the tunnel it switches to 4G and once I get home, one or two bars. NEVER LTE. (Lucas Valley)

9. kickboater macrumors newbie

Hoping for more of Marin and especially Petaluma and Santa Rosa soon....Any one heard if this is coming our way!

10. dasams macrumors member

dasams

I am able to pick-up LTE in Mill Valley. My home is an Tam with a clear line of site to Sausalito and SF. The signal is weak at 2 bar but I measured 12.6 MB/s down and 3.3 up using Speedtest HD yesterday. I just reran the test using Speedtest and measured 9.8 & 4.1.

Have no idea where the tower is located.

11. killerrobot, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I don't.

Looking at the LTE speeds for SF they tested, they were ok, but nothing like anything I've seen posted for NYC or Chicago. If they're that low in SF, they're going to be non-existent in Marin.

EDIT: Also, feel free to browse these comments about AT&T reception in SF. While the last post is a week before the iPhone 5 launch, other LTE devices are not excluded in peoples comments.
    http://www.cellreception.com/search.php?zip=94124&order=date&filter_att=1&page=1

12. Allenz macrumors member

Then I must just be consistently lucky. I get over 20 almost every time. Even right now sitting at my desk at mission and beale

Attached Files:

13. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Have you tried the top of Mt Tam yet? I think there's LTE there.

14. Allenz macrumors member

I am also not going by any online reports. I'm just going by MY real world usage in the areas I posted above

Attached Files: