LTE Now In Tulsa

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lmatthew9, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Lmatthew9 macrumors newbie

Just noticed after I got on website and then sent a picture and it sent as fast as a text, looked up and it said LTE. There was an article in local paper about a month ago that said by the end of year we would have it. Earlier today my phone kept going to Edge and then wouldn't send messages. Im sure it had something to do with them turning on LTE here today. Never did that before. Anyone else get theirs today? I searched google news and didn't see anything.

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Dang it! I was there a few hours ago. I'll have to wait until monday when I go back for class to check it out. Thanks for the heads up! I've just kept LTE off the whole time and never would have known.

3. OkieSooner macrumors newbie

I noticed it couple hours ago. So much quicker now

4. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Where the heck have you Oklahoma peeps been? I thought I was alone in Oklahoma in my apple nerdness.

5. Lmatthew9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha we have been here the whole time! We just don't start too many OK threads. Haha

6. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

I live in the Ponca City/Stillwater area. We have had Verizon LTE for over 6 months now. They have been upgrading the towers even in rural areas in the past month so I get non stop LTE coverage nearly everywhere I go. I've done some traveling last few weeks and was getting nearly 40mb down in the middle of nowhere.

7. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I hate you. haha.

I went to Stillwater earlier this month for my drill and of course discovered LTE. I was kind of upset that Stillwater had it before Tulsa. I know Stillwater is a college town and all, but students shouldn't be worried about those speeds. They should be focused on studying and drinking.

Maybe one day, bartlesville will have LTE as well. We're slowly becoming the place for the movie stars to come to :D we should be able to give them all the things they have out in Hollywood.