LTE on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TrenttonY, Sep 6, 2013.

1. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

I just got an iPhone 5 for Verizon and I would like to know if LTE uses more data then 3G? Like if I open 15 websites on 3G and then the same on LTE will the same amount of data be used? I have a shared 4 gig plan with one other person. Thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. TrenttonY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay Thanks!

----------

Would you rather have faster speed with lower battery life or lower speed with better battery life?

4. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

Same amount of data, but, LTE will load data much, much faster, you may need to watch how much data you're using so you don't go over. What happens is, it comes up so fast you don't realize you're using more data. That's what happened to me when I got iPhone 5. I didn't go over right away, but I got close a couple months and had to hold back. Music, for me, is where I have to watch it.

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

When you're actively using data, turn on lte. When you're not, turn off lte. 3G may not be the fastest but it should be quick enough for when you're not actively using data

I turn on 3G when I go out and I turn off 3G when I'm at home or a place with wifi (using T-Mobile)