LTE speeds in Orlando Fl?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GadgetGeek407, Sep 18, 2012.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I am curious what LTE speeds are like in orlando particularly around central florida? I have heard in other cities people say numbers like 30-50mb? is that right?

2. Rjmurpac macrumors newbie

I got my iPhone 5 a few days ago and I'm routinely getting high 20's. I've gotten 35Mbs a couple times.

3. TSloper macrumors member

I hit 31 down and 10 up this afternoon in the Winterpark area.

4. JCfromTB macrumors member

How the hell does Orlando have LTE and Tampa doesnt?!

Damn the man...

5. Loocfa macrumors newbie

54mbps orlando

I got 54mbps download here's the screen shot.
    It says coco fl but I live in winter park casselberry Orlando fl

Attached Files:

6. QquegChristian macrumors 6502

I'm getting 22-25 in the 4 corners area about 15 minutes past Disney World. Pretty amazing to me since its mostly orange groves here.

7. aneftp macrumors 68040

I have the luxury of having both att and Verizon LTE service in orlando. Rock solid LTE speeds with both carriers.

Verizon has had it since Jan 2011 in Orlando. And att has had LTE since Sept/October 2011.

Verizon goes all over the place these days as more people are on LTE. First I would consistently hit 20-50mpbs on my lte galaxy nexus last year. Now on my Verizon iPad I hit 10-20mpbs. Once in a while I may hit 45mpbs but its not consistent any more.

Att. Also same issue. As early adopter last year I would get 30-45mbps on the S2 skyrocket.

Notice speeds not consistent anymore. Now range from 15-30mbps. Still super fast.

Yes. Shouldn't be complaining in Orlando about LTE service since we were one of the first cities to get it with both carriers

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

AT&T HSPA rocks down there, to me you don't need LTE. We go to Spring Training every year, before we had LTE in Philly I was always impressed how AT&T network was in Tampa/Clearwater/Orlando.

9. ucfbeta92 macrumors newbie

To OP: Yep, it's true.

Check out some of the posts in this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15923516

AT&T users seem to be faring a lot better. Verizon's LTE results aren't shabby either. My speed tests seem to be lowest, and even those are quite comparable to WiFi and much better than my experience with Sprint 4G WiMax.

The attached image from a speedtest I did last night.

Attached Files:

10. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

If that is not bad enough, I'm about 20 miles west of Tampa (Dunedin) and I don't get it either :( 3G is still fare for my needs however.

11. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

We have more tourists?!? :cool:

I'm 50 miles NW, supposedly we have it up here - but I don't have an iP5 yet to know how it is!

12. HKPDW macrumors member

Tampa has had LTE through AT&T for at least a year. I don't even use LTE because AT&T's HSPA is almost as fast and doesn't use near the battery power LTE uses...

13. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I get anywhere from 20-50mbs regularly with AT&T. Mostly south Orange and north Osceola.

14. XrAdEr macrumors member

Wow 50+ O.O nice! Highest I've gotten is 16-20mbps in Los Angeles, full bars with At&t...