Lucked out. Bought $529 64gb ipad 1 from AT&T few days ago, got ipad 2 from family

Discussion in 'iPad' started by katyoshi, Mar 25, 2011.

1. katyoshi macrumors 6502

Hey guys, i know I've been so happy with ipad 1 64GB 3G from AT&T for $529 web price just a few days ago, but just so happens, my sister went to walmart and lucked out on getting an ipad 2 64gb AT&T. They only had 2 left that came in that day and got it for $829. :mad: Expensive. Well, she brought it home and said it was for me since I'll be finishing grad school this semester and going air force afterward, thus not seeing my sister for a while. We get along well now. Anyway, I was like, "darn, I should'n't have bought the ipad 1 then", but I figured this was an event of chance. So I was nice and gave her my ipad 1 3G I bought a few days ago. I guess I'll make up for the price of the ipad 1 after I sell my 2009 mac mini for $550 :D this sunday to make up for the cost. So it seems I'm "leveling" out in terms of money. Well anyway, I've been using it for a while and only noticed it being a little bit faster/lighter than the original. Since this one has HSUPA, the 3G speeds are a bit quicker than the ipad 1. Still, I have no complaints of ipad 1 as it did the job for me satisfactorily before.

I don't really care for the camera as I don't take much pictures/movies or work with imovie with my iphone 4. Besides, the camera on the ipad 2 is grainier than iphone 4. I guess its just an added plus, but no big deal to me...I would be happy even if it didn't have a camera. Just shows how much I was happy with my ipad 1. :D Anyway, what do you all think about this purchase my sister made? Besides her being "generous"?

I hope to find a good case to cover the whole thing though since the smart cover only covers the glass.

2. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

I too have an iPhone 4 which I use for photos/video. The camera in the iPad 2 will not get used (it sucks). Nice story BTW.

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

Very nice of your sister! Enjoy the iPad 2! :)

I agree. Even if they had put better cameras in the iPad 2, when the iPhone 5 comes out, everyone will be using those cameras anyhow :).

4. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

5. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Wow!

Awesome Sister!! Good for you/her. Props OP:)

6. katyoshi thread starter macrumors 6502

I must behave and since i have an iPhone 4, don't be eager to upgrade to iPhone 5...:D

7. melman101 macrumors 68030

Ahhh I'm still using a 3GS :). iPhone 4 has awesome cameras though too.

8. EspressoQueen macrumors member

I wanna be your sister's sister, you lucky duck! ;)