Lying About Rendition Again

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Feb 21, 2008.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7256587.stm
    What a shameful, blatantly dishonest whitewash! Much of the information being denied here is actually in the public domain.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/oct/19/alqaida.usa

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Stuff like this makes me so ashamed of our current government here in the US... I tried to actually think of something to say, but "shame" pretty much sums it up for me.

3. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Frankly, I'm far more upset with our own UK lot, for being such pusillanimous wimps and abetting the casual travesty of truth and justice that your lot are promulgating in the name of freedom.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh come on! We're not lying. We just forgot about those little stopovers. And likely only remembered because someone was going to spill the beans soon anyway.

They were given couscous, if that makes you feel any better...

5. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

It's an interesting question. Why didn't you lot raise a stink about this? But then, what would you or could you have done? Arrested the CIA agents running the flights? I admit, I would've loved to have seen George's face on the tv explaining why our people were being arrested for kidnapping and torture. And why it wasn't his fault, of course.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I was surprised when I heard about this earlier today on some news show, but then I realized I really wasn't and was just more surprised someone mentioned it in MSM (never to be mentioned again because, as we can see from the lack of replies here, no one is surprised anymore).