Lynnwood, WA (Alderwood Mall)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Jim82, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Jim82 macrumors member

Anyone from MR meeting up here? I'll be there with a few friends, probably around 2400-0100 as one of my buds was unable to get through to pre-order or reserve.

2. joefuu macrumors newbie

3. travdzero macrumors newbie

Only if there are rumors of white

Was planning on being there around 4ish if I heard any rumors of white phones......

4. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I'm going to be there, haven't decided what time yet. Depends on when I think people will be there (I don't care about being first, I have a reserve and I figure long as I get there in the morning I should be fine about getting one, and don't want to sit alone all night). Maybe 5 am (or maybe midnight).

What do you do about going to the bathroom though, heh. I know there's a thread on it but I can't think of anywhere at alderwood that would have a bathroom open in the middle of hte night (Plus I probably am going to be by myself. The only other person I know getting an iphone is probably just going to have me pick it up for him if they'll let me).

5. Jim82 thread starter macrumors member

We will probably be there around Midnight-1a... But my guy is going to drive by and see if there is a line yet and we'll go from there. If not line then we are going to hit up the Keg or something and get some chow. I read that the University Village store people are bringing a grill and beers...:eek: I plan to bring myself a flask with some Sailor Jerry.... That'd be rum for y'all who are not familiar with some of the best and smooth rum you'd every have.

In a related matter, does anyone know if there are bathrooms in the area? Or has anyone hung out overnight; what was your experience?
    It's suppose to be a nice night at least.:rolleyes:

6. tigress666 macrumors 68040

And you do know how reliable weather reports are especially this far ahead in this area? ;) Though I do hope it is good, I want to bring my macbook pro to keep the time (i just got it two weeks ago. Apple is getting a lot of money from me this year). I'm wondering if Lynnwood store keeps their wifi on when they are not open.

A grill and beers (ok, soda for me, I hate the taste of alchohol) doesn't sound too bad (if security let you. I'm wondering if security at University Village will frown on that. People bringing fire that they have no idea how safe they will handle that fire?).

I wouldn't even mind coming midnight if enough people were coming and they kinda made a party like atmosphere about it. I just don't want to sit there that long with nothing much to do (I hate being bored).

7. brianld75 macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of heading over there around 4 or 5 (depends on how early I can get to bed :) ). Need something to do to kill the time ... thinking I'll bring some cards & a book. Any of you veteran line-waiters have other suggestions? :D

8. BoardinGar macrumors newbie

Ugh. I'm all the way up here in Bellingham and none of my friends were able to get a pre-order through. I really don't feel like rolling down there and chilling by myself for hours on end!! :eek: I have never waited out at an Apple store before, but it seems like by 12pm-2pm the frenzy will have subsided and because I have a pre-order in I should be guaranteed one? Do any people with past experience see a problem with my plan of waiting until later in the day and to head down then? Of course I expect a line, but not an insane one. I also will be going out of town Thursday night so if for some reason the wait is 7+ hours (it cannot be so!!) and the store closes I would be toast. Anyone with any insight or experience have any words of advice? Thanks :rolleyes:

9. WiFiSpy macrumors newbie

10. Markomcm macrumors member

Hope to be there as well

Didn't pre order site was down when I tried.

Thinking 4-4:30 arrival if I can get up, still have to work. Sigh

11. tigress666 macrumors 68040

no idea. I really don't want to sit there all night so prolly going at 5 AM and hoping the line isn't as bad as I hear some are already vetoing. Anyone ther who can verify?

12. Jim82 thread starter macrumors member

I'll be inline in about 1 hour. Well I'm going to drive by and see what it's like. I'll post what the line is like at around 0015-0030

13. BoardinGar macrumors newbie

14. ktolani macrumors newbie

do you think the store would have enough walk in iphones for 100 people?? i heard from a guy who works at University village they got 1500 pre orders as store pickups. the lines at u village has become pretty long. im running to lynwood to get my chance higher. hows the line there anybody knows?

15. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Vetoing? I fully blame that on my iphone (I was posting from it, didnt notice it replaced what I typed with that. can't even remember what word I wanted to use).

Cool, thanks. If it already is sizable I might bite the bullet and get in line (grrrrr, I wanted some of the camping experience but kinda didn't want to do a full overnight. I hope there are some chatty insomniacs cause I know I'm not going to sleep well sitting in a line).

Oh, bother, I just realized my iphone isn't at full battery, I was kinda hoping to have it at full (particularly if I'm going to be there all night) so I'd have some entertainment. Hey, I'd get to check how good my laptop's battery really is.

16. phixionalninja macrumors regular

Whoever ends up posting a line update, could you please give estimates for both reserved and non-reserved? I have a reserve, but unless I have a reasonable chance of making my morning class after picking it up, I'll have to wait for the afternoon. Thanks!

17. Jim82 thread starter macrumors member

There about 50 people inline. Just one line for everyone right now. Mall security are asses they won't let people sit in their own chairs!

18. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Wait, they're making them stand? Or sit on the pavement? Especially the latter, why?!

(still debating, even if I go to sleep I'll have to wake up in about 3 1/2 hours. But standing for 6 hours... I was planning on bringing my laptop which would be a pain to use standing up).

19. Jim82 thread starter macrumors member

Sit on the floor or there a few chairs. These people security are really asses. It's crazy. Oh well. Line has not changed mich about 60 now. Still one line.

20. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Heh, I'm back by the sunglass hut. Testing out my new macbook pro's battery. I loves my new computer (it's saying 8 hours but I have dimness to the very min and only min backlight on the keyboard).

And got random swag.

Oh yeah, and Border's Wi-Fi is way faster than Apple's (I was close enough for apple's before they moved us, now close to Borders).

21. Jim82 thread starter macrumors member

The mine is growing rather fast. Probably 100+ now. I saw that guy giving away cSes and shirts.

22. tigress666 macrumors 68040

It's getting cold. Wish I had brought a blanket and a pillow (to cushion my butt) like the guy next to me.

I still don't understand why we couldn't bring our own chairs.

I don't think the line has gotten past borders from what I can tell.

23. phixionalninja macrumors regular

Still no line split for reserves? Any mention of how they'll handle that?

24. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Nope, I assume when the apple employees get here they'll split the line. I'm kinda glad people haven't tried to sort it themselves, there would probably be a lot of chaos when the apple employees came and tried to make sure people were in the right line.

25. Markomcm macrumors member

Here at 5:17am

Current single lines around borders, they haven't split the lines yet.
    Another hour and 45 minutes to go. Hopefully they'll let us know if they have enough.