Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

splatter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
that song is horrible, but hilarious. I dont know, I dont think marklar is worth it, it boggs down the system and most things work, but w/ less speed. The (guy)did get quake3 to run, well kind of. It loaded the app, but quit b4 anything showed up, probably an OpenGL issue. Anyhoo, save these in case apple decides they want to infringe upon our rights once again.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
WTF????? It's XP with a skin FFS. It is clear to ANY fool :rolleyes: There is even the WinXP system Properties bix open SAYING Windows XP. That's besides all the exe's all over the desktop.

splatter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
You believe what you want. I thought it was a skin too, until it ran safari.......

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by splatter
You believe what you want. I thought it was a skin too, until it ran safari.......
Please don't act so naive. It's is obvious to anyone that this is XP with a rather crap skin on a PC where the user has not even made an attempt to hide all the Windows icons (exe, rar etc). Anyway, the bandwidth limit has been reached on your host now, so no one can see them anyway.

splatter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Here's what happend. Marklar was acquired, a reformat was induced, from NTSC to HFS+. Then OS X libraries were added to windows. Basically it's Mac OS X on top of windows. I didn't understand it at first, I thought that Marklar was an actual separate OS, apparently not. All the windows applications work, ALONG WITH macintosh (cocoa) applications. No carbon. I will see if I can get a screen of safari running. The guy deleted, it, he seems to think Opera is a better browser, idiot, and he currently cannot open .dmg files. (no libraries supporting that format). But if you want to believe that it is a skin, or someone photoshoped it, go right ahead, less heat on (someones) back.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by splatter
Here's what happend. Marklar was acquired, a reformat was induced, from NTSC to HFS+. Then OS X libraries were added to windows. Basically it's Mac OS X on top of windows. I didn't understand it at first, I thought that Marklar was an actual separate OS, apparently not. All the windows applications work, ALONG WITH macintosh (cocoa) applications. No carbon. I will see if I can get a screen of safari running. The guy deleted, it, he seems to think Opera is a better browser, idiot, and he currently cannot open .dmg files. (no libraries supporting that format). But if you want to believe that it is a skin, or someone photoshoped it, go right ahead, less heat on (someones) back.
That makes no sense what-so-ver. First off, it's NTFS, not NTSC :rolleyes:, a "reformat" will format the drive! There will be no Windows left to add "libraries" to!

edit: Also, Windows will only run on FAT32 or NTFS, there is no way it would run from an HFS+ file system.

confused-smiley-014.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif
grinning-smiley-004.gif

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
This is so stupid and so obviously not legit.

-The Mp3 player is definitely not iTunes, Windows or Mac.

-The trash can is on the desktop, while it should be in the dock.

-All of the files and folders are on the left side of the computer, while almost all macs use the default of having the files on the right. Windows places them on the left.

-In the Apple menu, there is no force quit, and there is also a software update item, which is not in OSX.

-In OSX, when you're on the desktop, the upper left Menu next to the Apple menu is the Finder, however this picture has it shown as "Desktop".

-The System Properties clearly says Windows XP, and even if Marklar worked *over* Windows, you wouldn't see the System Properties window, because you'd be in Marklar, not Windows.

-The second picture, in the upper right, shows a very windows item that is usually, I believe, on the lower right on Windows, where it shows you what programs are open.

-The window in the first picture is obviously a Windows window. Wouldn't a Marklar window look like OSX?

-And finally, it's just plain and simply not Marklar. How would you or someone you know have a copy? Also that's a stupid explanation, that it's installed on top of Windows. THAT MEANS IT'S A SKIN OR AN EMULATOR. If Apple did indeed make Marklar, why on Earth would that make it do that it has to be installed *on top* of Windows? That would make it totally pointless. You'd have to purchase two OS's to use Apple's, and it would make it slower. No, if Marklar exists, it would be a native x86 program, it wouldn't have to install over anything.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
One more thing, in the 5th image down the supposed Apple menu drop down is from ObjectBar, a Windows skinning app!!!

This is simply the worst attempt at trying to fake Marklar I have ever, and will ever see!

Bluefusion

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2003
New York, NY
Wow. This is absurd...

Windows XP with a REALLY crappy skin, with not even an attempt made to hide EXE files, left-aligned desktop icons, or the REALLY CRAPPY looking Dock (all blurry-like)... "Object Bar"... the Windows properties panel.....

And then he tries to say it's Marklar. Repeatedly.

"But Safari (IE with a crappy brushed metal skin) runs on it!"

LOL...

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Its even running A modern WinAmp. I do know someone who has done this before, but his attempt (Actually training on how to use a Mac before buying one) was much better. BTW WinAmp is Called I-Amp, Apple would have called it iAmp if they even did such a crummy Idea. I have seen better attemps at mimicing OSX from a Sun System running GNOME. And even then the control buttons were on the right.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.