.Mac - £4.99 at Toys 'R' Us - UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bytefire, Jun 25, 2008.

1. bytefire macrumors newbie

Hi

Just thought I would let you all know about this. I was in Toys 'R' Us today and saw these two blank DVD cases with Mac Software - £4.99 on them. At first I wondered what it could be as Mac Software isn't a great description. Then a looked more carefully at the ticket and noticed it said Apple xdotmac at the bottom so I took both blank cases they had straight to the till and sure enough they were for the .Mac boxes with a years subscription.

Many people may have missed these as they are just blank black dvd cases with a Mac Software ticket on them its not very clear exactly what it is for until you look closely. I purchased the last 2 that they had in the Stevenage store but thought I would post here incase people have any luck at their local stores.

Hope this helps someone.
    Craig

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Thanks for the info - Toys'R'us had a huge clear out of Apple stuff last year (including the .Mac packs).

Will check the local branches but I think somebody at the Stevenage branch found them lying about in the back of the store.

3. bytefire thread starter macrumors newbie

I was aware of the clearout they had last year thats how I got my first years subscription for £15. That's why I was so surprised when I found stock in there today especially at £4.99.

4. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Anyone know if this is good in the States? Checked the website and didn't even see it on there.

5. weckart macrumors 68040

Wouldn't bother looking in the States. UK Toys R Us decided to dispense with its Mac range last year and held fire sales up and down the land. This must be the last few remnants knocking around.