Mac 5.1 tuning High Sierra

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by andygoode, Mar 10, 2018.

1. andygoode macrumors newbie

andygoode

Hi I have got myself a 5.1 Mac , and am trying High Sierra.
    I have encountered many problems,.But the one that annoys me the most
    is when I boot up the cd dvd blu-ray player is there and working, then after,
    a few seconds of the draw being closed it disappears of my machine and if you go in to system preferences it will tell you that there is no device fitted.
    DOES any one. out there know why this is happening and how to fix it so I can get round to road testing the rest of this system. And yes it does seem slower than El Capitain.
    All the best to all of you from Andy uk [trust me to be British]

2. anika200 macrumors member

I guess you have checked the cord and the possibility of a hardware malfunction. I know it was probably working just fine before but stranger things have happened.

3. expede macrumors regular

expede

Hi!

First, I think that Apple never accepted Blue-ray. There is some thirdparty software outthere, but your blue-ray player will be recognized as a DVD-player. Nothing more. Maybe this is the issue.

Best regards

/Per

4. flowrider macrumors 603

flowrider

Identifying your Mac as you have, does not identify it al all. All Macs, by series are identified as a numeric then a coma than another numeric. I have a 5,1 cMP and a 5,1 MBA. while both have the same model identifier, both are clearly different machines.

Lou