Mac Alternatives Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluespark

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
The iOS section of the forums include a forum for discussion of "Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices." Shouldn't there be a corresponding section for discussion of "Alternatives to Macs and MacOS"?

I'm guessing that recent Apple trends have many of us thinking about what our post-Mac life should look like and how best to make that transition. In my opinion, a dedicated forum here would be helpful.

imanidiot

Suspended
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
The iOS section of the forums include a forum for discussion of "Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices." Shouldn't there be a corresponding section for discussion of "Alternatives to Macs and MacOS"?

I'm guessing that recent Apple trends have many of us thinking about what our post-Mac life should look like and how best to make that transition. In my opinion, a dedicated forum here would be helpful.
I think that's a very promising idea, and I'm surprised no-one has suggested it before.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I think at this stage, seeing what's being posted in the various hardware forums, a case can be made for such a forum.

bluespark

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Thanks to all of you -- I hope it will be considered. In addition to helping those thinking of switching, it would also be a useful way for those sticking with the Mac to discuss developments happening on the PC side that may have Mac implications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.