Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Backtothemac said:
Hey, my wife's .mac email has been down since september the 5th. Anyone else having problems?

Thanks,
B2TM

Over a month? Are you sure they didn't cancel your account? :p

In all seriousness, if you can still access your account through the web interface (with all the other goodies), then you should contact .Mac tech support. Also make sure that you didnt change some setting in your Mail.app. Remove then try to setup your .Mac account again.

My .Mac has sucked, but its working ATM.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Nope haven't had any problems, except on my powermac mail continually asking for password.

This is the latest from the .mac update thingy

.mac said:
10/09/2006
Web Services were unavailable for 2 hour(s) to all .Mac Members.
10/04/2006
EMail was unavailable for 4 hour(s) to some .Mac Members.

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
eva01 said:
Nope haven't had any problems, except on my powermac mail continually asking for password.

This is the latest from the .mac update thingy

sounds to me like you ran into the annoying problem i did. every so often Apple Mail program decides to ask for the password. wont keep what i programmed in there.

annoying and probably the issue.

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
Forgotten Password

mdntcallr said:
sounds to me like you ran into the annoying problem i did. every so often Apple Mail program decides to ask for the password. wont keep what i programmed in there.

annoying and probably the issue.

Not 100% sure - but to the best of my knowledge the password thing is simply an artifact of the .Mac service being down.

:)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, it happens sometimes with my own email provider too. It's a small bug their end that shows up with this password dialogue box. As far as I know, there's not much we can do about it at our end. After a while it should just go away. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.