Mac fan in Northern Virginia - Jetta

Hoef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
Houston, TX..... (keep walking)
It cannot be sheer coincidence but I passed the same car twice today .... A green VW Jetta VR6 with licence plate "MAC OS.." <- for privacy reasons I left out 2 of the digits. I hope it is one of you MR Northern VA folks.... I tried to catch your attention. Anyway .... was just good to see fellow minded folks on the road.

lordmac

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Hoef said:
It cannot be sheer coincidence but I passed the same car twice today .... A green VW Jetta VR6 with licence plate "MAC OS.." <- for privacy reasons I left out 2 of the digits. I hope it is one of you MR Northern VA folks.... I tried to catch your attention. Anyway .... was just good to see fellow minded folks on the road.
It wasn't me but I am always glad to hear about a another mac fan among our ranks in northern VA. :) :D :p

Hoef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
Chip NoVaMac said:
Same here. not me. Maybe it is time for a get together of MR members in the NOVA/DC/MD area?
That would be fantastic .... especially since I will be moving to Houston in a couple of months. Nice to have faced with the names. Maybe end of March?

makisushi

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
Northern VA
Hoef said:
Hoef, I saw that jetta at tysons corner, once...maybe they were at the apple store?

lordmac

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Hoef said:
Yeah ..... They didn't have an Apple sticker though :D Maybe we should come up with MacRumor IDs for our car ....
I second that , that would be pretty cool macrumor bumper stickers, I'd buy one if macrumors sold them. Here that Arn and other people in power here. :) :D

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Hoef said:
Yeah ..... They didn't have an Apple sticker though :D Maybe we should come up with MacRumor IDs for our car ....
I'll third, i would rather a window sticker but both are cool. i think we should have a photoshop contest....

Hoef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
puckhead193 said:
I'll third, i would rather a window sticker but both are cool. i think we should have a photoshop contest....
Sounds like a project to me .... Does anyone know how to tilt this subject into a photoshop contest for a MR sticker design? I guess Arn needs to aprove it or so... Stickers are cheap to make and can ask people to preorder so we don't have out of pocket expenses .... mail this sticker is only $.37 - $.80 (international). We can do this for less than $2!

AliensAreFuzzy

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2004
Madison, WI
Hoef said:
Sounds like a project to me .... Does anyone know how to tilt this subject into a photoshop contest for a MR sticker design? I guess Arn needs to aprove it or so... Stickers are cheap to make and can ask people to preorder so we don't have out of pocket expenses .... mail this sticker is only $.37 - $.80 (international). We can do this for less than $2!
I'm up for that. I'll make up a design or two.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Cafe Press allows for 10x3 and 5x3 stickers.

Its not a bad idea and we'll see what arn thinks.

D

2A Batterie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
Out of a Suitcase, USA
The sticker idea is great! We should have some code beep or wave. It sounds silly, but think about it.... Someone you've never seen before passes you on the highway beeping and waving and you think "Who the F is this jerk?!", until they pass you and you see the sticker on the bumper. By that time it is too late to wave back.
By the way, maybe that green Jetta was a Spymac person. EWWW!!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i think i would perfer something with the macrumors apple.... off to photoshop... :)
But i like that idea

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
So what about a get together of NOVA MR members?

Was thinking that we might (if we had enough members in attendance) get the Apple Tysons location to do a special session for us. Do it early enough on a Sunday (sorry, but that is the only weekend day I have); and then we can go off to Niesha Thai ( great Thai restaurant in the Mall), or the Rainforest Cafe.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
ok, I'll work on a sticker that includes .com, and incorporates the Mac Rumors apple logo...... check back later

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
i live in dc, but am often in northern VA (thank goodness for the TotalWine stores in the area)

silver volvo with a nice little apple sticker on the back windshield, lower lefthand corner

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Update:

Official MacRumors coollectables including bumper stickers are in the works. We'll let you know when they're ready.

D

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Mr. Anderson said:
Update:

Official MacRumors coollectables including bumper stickers are in the works. We'll let you know when they're ready.

D
SCORE! I sticker that i'm acutally happy to put on my car!