Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtMan617

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2002
Princeton, NJ
Argh...it makes me so mad to think that I'll have to ditch my @mac.com e-mail address because of Apple...well, I guess I'll have to stick with Hotmail...

-ArtMan617

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
It's been up since MWNY first started. If you click on Mac OS X, the menu bar looks like glassy fur. It seems that the regular Aqua versions are slowly fading away

Mr Jobs

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by ArtMan617
Argh...it makes me so mad to think that I'll have to ditch my @mac.com e-mail address because of Apple...well, I guess I'll have to stick with Hotmail...

-ArtMan617

come on ArtMan just $49 its not much to ask for besides you'll be helping apple :D

ArtMan617

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2002
Princeton, NJ
Originally posted by ShaolinMiddleFinger
It's been up since MWNY first started. If you click on Mac OS X, the menu bar looks like glassy fur. It seems that the regular Aqua versions are slowly fading away

I really hope that Apple doesn't get rid of Aqua entirely...that was one of their greatest ideas and I love that sort of cool, relaxed interface in X...while that's not to say that I don't like the graphite steel look (it's certainly sleeker and more industrial).

-ArtMan617

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
.mac what would it take to sign-up

The new .mac has a rather simple texture. Maybe it's to convey the simplicity of .mac. I'd almost consider .mac if it was $75 cheaper or had a lot more storage space as in 500mb or 1 gig. I have a lot of pictures and 100 MB would go fast even if they're optimized.

Speaking of pictures they should offer a feature where a guest could buy prints of your pictures if they wanted. That way I wouldn't have to send them to my friends. However, that would require a lot more storage because you'd want to use the originals. They'd make money on the prints, so, it would probably pay for it self. Granted I could use Ofoto, shutterfly, or some other service, but I'd rather have one location.

What would entice you to buy a .mac account?

ThisBoxIsEmpty

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2002
Not North
I really dislike the new looks Apple has introduced on it's menu bar(s). Their old 'one look for all' was much more - dare I say it - grown up. It could get tacky - I mean can you imagine what they would do to the menu bar on a hypothetical 'Alpple Kids' page? ugh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.