Mac Mini Late 2012 and LG IPS234 Monitor

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by oldboy118, Feb 24, 2013.

1. oldboy118 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm new here and I didn't really know where to post it.

LG says it's not compatible with Mac, but actually I don't understand how and why.

I'm about to buy my first Mac and I would never ever guessed that some monitors can not be compatible with mac, as I thought it's just a monitor...

My question in fact is: Is it *incompatible* like it won't be recognized by the Mac mini at all? Or the drivers are only made for Windows and thus making it "incompatible" with Mac?

As far as I know, there are no available Mac OS drivers for the IPS234 monitor, so the second question is answered. Still...

I think I can just plug it in and everything will work just fine only I am concerned a little bit. (Of course with proper cables and stuff)

Any thoughts?

2. borostef macrumors 6502

borostef

I have a Mid 2011 Mini, so I can't speak about the 2012 model, but I also have a LG IPS235 monitor, which I think is basically the same as the model you are talking about.
    I have connected the mini to the monitor using mini display to DVI adapter and it worked properly from the first day... no problems whatsoever.
    I have also tried connecting it using a HDMI cable, that also worked, but I wasn't happy with the colour intensity...
    So I think you are good to go...;)

3. oldboy118 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanx for the quick reply,

Did you install any drivers? Lg/mac related?

4. borostef macrumors 6502

borostef

No drivers whatsoever... It was a "Plug and play" experience...:)

5. jefftb macrumors newbie

Hdmi

I am having terrible colors with HDMI on the ISP235. DVI is okay. I think I am going to take this back. Any recommendations on a good 22-24" LED that works well with HDMI off a MBP? Prefer one that has a sound output jack off the monitor that takes the sound from HDMI and sends it to a speaker.

6. MJL macrumors 6502a