Mac OS X 10.1.5 Screenshots

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
1,379
87
He didn't get it from HL or Carracho, but it isn't out yet? So then where did he get it?
 

afonso

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2002
85
0
San Francisco
1. could be developer seed...
2. could be copied from other developer....
3. could be a fake...

anyhow, i'm more excited about x.2

later,
afonso
 

BeerDrinker29

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
139
0
If ambush is the boy who made podnews, he's only 15 or something. I'm sure he got it off some underground FTP or something :)

I too can't get to the pictures :( It's not like it's important though, as I haven't heard anything about interface changes in .1.5
 

theranch

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
300
0
Atlantic City area
whatever...

Couldn't get to the shots either but that doesn't matter. I need speed...this version is slow. I love..LOVE rebooting and going back to OS9.2.2 to work on Dreamweaver or whatever because the speed is very noticable!
 

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
605
0
California
One thing that keeps me with OS X is that it never freezes. Every time i reboot into OS 9 it freezes sooner or later! But Windows XP wins the world's title for best freezing OS...

What also sticks me to OS 10 is games. Games like Quake need virtual memory and OS 10 allocates as much as it needs without my help.

I really want 10.2! It feels (to me) like a century has already gone by, and we havn't got 10.2.
 

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
605
0
California
Speaking of OS X. I just found something very interesting @ apple's site.

Go to www.apple.com/macosx and look at that Jaguar sneaky peek thing. That is a 15" or 17" LCD screen, but if you look close at the logo of it you can see the apple is a quicksilver color, not the standard graphite!!!

Interesting... maybe those rumors about new displays down the pipeline are true!
 

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
5,438
2
iowa
I find it hard to believe Apple would make an interface revision in such a minor update... Even if they were going to introduce different interface themes, they'd do it in a .x, not a .x.y.

Anyone have the screenshots? i'd love to see what this supposedly looks like...

:)
pnw
 

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
1,379
87
They are working, I just saw them. He is running a theme, not an Apple UI update (he's got 10.1.5 while running a theme) You can get the theme at MacNN boards, I have it, it's called ChosenOS
 

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
980
2
Charles City, Iowa
Originally posted by paulwhannel
I find it hard to believe Apple would make an interface revision in such a minor update... Even if they were going to introduce different interface themes, they'd do it in a .x, not a .x.y.

Anyone have the screenshots? i'd love to see what this supposedly looks like...

:)
pnw
He may infact be referring to a beta of 10.2 where the interface is tweaked. I believe they're calling the 10.2 beta 10.1.5. Correct me if I'm wrong :)
 

swahilibill

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2002
279
0
Highlands Ranch
what a load of crap

this is a load of crap. I just looked at the pictures and they look like Mac Os 9 barfed on OS X. It is all square and ugly, I hope that that is a fake, or Apple has screwed the pooch again
 

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
2,123
12
Lancashire
Love the theme!

It's like NeXT Step crossed with OS 9 and OS X.

It's a lot cleaner and looks more functional than eyecandy unlike the default aqua theme.

Now if they can just make the interface fast enough to not need Altivec enhancements when I finally get to use Protools in OS X, I need all the raw power I can get for my software synths to use and not waste them on pointless GUI effects.
 

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
11,219
0
San Diego, CA
Re: what a load of crap

Originally posted by swahilibill
what a load of crap

this is a load of crap. I just looked at the pictures and they look like Mac Os 9 barfed on OS X. It is all square and ugly, I hope that that is a fake, or Apple has screwed the pooch again
Don't get your knickers in a twist. That's not an Apple theme, as he clearly points out in the first post.

:rolleyes:
 

nero007

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2002
109
0
Originally posted by dantec
Speaking of OS X. I just found something very interesting @ apple's site.

Go to www.apple.com/macosx and look at that Jaguar sneaky peek thing. That is a 15" or 17" LCD screen, but if you look close at the logo of it you can see the apple is a quicksilver color, not the standard graphite!!!

Interesting... maybe those rumors about new displays down the pipeline are true!
It looks like the regular LCD to me. Besides, if they were going to make a change like that, they'd also ditch the lines going across the plastic for a solid white or grey.
 

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
5,438
2
iowa
Originally posted by Kid Red
They are working, I just saw them. He is running a theme, not an Apple UI update (he's got 10.1.5 while running a theme) You can get the theme at MacNN boards, I have it, it's called ChosenOS
Ahh thank you for the clarification... like i said i couldn't imagine Apple changing things right then...

:)
pnw
 

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
513
0
.be
Re: That was quick

Originally posted by Jays
Can't seem to view the screenshot, are they already down?
I saw them, no problems.
doesn't show much, only build and version.
system profile.

IE got me trouble again, not loading the gifs etc... stupid IE.
switched once more to Omni, until our own browsers' finished;)
 

macboy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
189
0
Displays

Originally posted by dantec
Speaking of OS X. I just found something very interesting @ apple's site.

Go to www.apple.com/macosx and look at that Jaguar sneaky peek thing. That is a 15" or 17" LCD screen, but if you look close at the logo of it you can see the apple is a quicksilver color, not the standard graphite!!!

Interesting... maybe those rumors about new displays down the pipeline are true!
I see what you are talking about!!! That is not the current display.. Check out these pics

www.apple.com/pr/images/ref_studio15front.jpg - Current
www.apple.com/macosx/images/wwdc2002display04252002.gif - Has quick silver coloring.

This could be a hint... Apple aways throws tests at us... The new 23 inch is different than the current 15, 17 and 21. More quick silver in it... You never know... Hopefully new display for new G5s!

MacBoy
 

fishboi

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2002
1
0
tennessee
I've tried out 10.1.5 too..... iTools disk really does mount quick! Of course, now my external iomega zipcd650 doesn't show up, and internal drive won't mount cdr's. Better wait until it's official guys......
 

tacojohn

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2001
38
0
Redwood City, CA
My friend just got the 17inch Apple LCD and it has a quicksliver logo on the front and back- not the old graphite color. Also there is grey metal going around the screen- not plastic.
 

benjaminpg

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2002
113
0
Salt Lake City, UT
Displays

About the Quicksilver monitors. If you go to http://www.apple.com/displays/ and look at the picture at the top of the page. The new high definition 23 inch monitor(farthest left) has a quicksilver style apple logo on it, versus the rest of them that have the older graphite logo. Who knows what this means.
 

AstroX

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2001
3
0
Kansas
Jaguar

Apparently all ADC members received this iCard (which didn't want to display in my web-based email account). It is official now, if it hadn't been before. This also means that 10.2 will almost certainly ship at MWNY, or earlier.
 

Attachments

McFreggle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2001
524
478
Dendermonde/Leuven, Belgium
AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

Originally posted by AstroX
Apparently all ADC members received this iCard (which didn't want to display in my web-based email account). It is official now, if it hadn't been before. This also means that 10.2 will almost certainly ship at MWNY, or earlier.
AAAAAAAARGH!!! I also got the card...

BUT WHY THE HELL DID THEY USE F***ING COMIC SANS MS AS FONT?? This is such an undescribable ugly bad tasted font, and I never expected the stylisch design guys at Apple to use it. I first thought it was a fake!
Maybe it is... Hmmm I'm afraid not.

Oh boy I hate that font, and I'm very disappointed.

Sorry for my reaction.