Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
1,639
218
New Zealand
Well we now wait for this and iLife. Which is supposed to be available today? Maybe just the retail version is available today.
 

Tom800

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2002
72
0
wheyhey second post

Where the hell is iLife? The 31st has finished in many countries! Anyone know what's coming in 10.2.4? What is there to update save interface smoothing over?

And once again, on the issue of delays, where the hell is AAC?!?!?!?
 

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
1,857
167
London, UK
The download version of iLife (iPhoto2 and iMovie 3) will not be avaliable until wednesday at the earest because Apple wants as many people as possible to go out and buy it. iLife is out now, but just to buy.

Also Mac OS X 10.2.4 should be out on Wednesday when the new iMacs/iBooks are meant to be released.
 

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
1,857
167
London, UK
The Mac OS X update includes a lot of speed improvements and bug fixes, but no real new features. The most notiable thing about the update is that it includes updated graphics drivers, which should improve graphics performance a bit.
 

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
4,130
3,532
South Dakota, USA
I would imagine that possibly today is only the date you can actually go out and buy iLife. It will probably be a couple of weeks until you can download it for free. They want to actually sell some copies.

They might be having some problems with 10.2.4. I could see it delayed a week or two...no big deal really...
 

tosmann

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2003
4
0
Iceland
But why ?

Why should Apple assume that everybody wants the whole package ? I for one only want the iMovie part, and many posters in this forum seem to want only the iPhoto part.

Also, only a few of the whole have Apple kosher DVD burners...

And the 31st of Jan ends in 4 hrs 5 minutes or so ( GMT which is the starting point for everything ;) )
 

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
669
0
Re: But why ?

Originally posted by tosmann
Why should Apple assume that everybody wants the whole package ? I for one only want the iMovie part, and many posters in this forum seem to want only the iPhoto part.

Also, only a few of the whole have Apple kosher DVD burners...

And the 31st of Jan ends in 4 hrs 5 minutes or so ( GMT which is the starting point for everything ;) )

I thought that Steve bragged that over half of iMac sales were SuperDrive models. If that carries over to any other product lines, then their sales are pretty strong, making iDVD worth it for many.
 

zoetropeuk

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2002
235
0
Oxford UK
iLife DOWNLOAD 31/01/2003

If it wasn't going to be available today for download then why on earth would Apple send out an email saying otherwise. I love Apple products but the continued delays in releases and shipments is becoming annoying.
 

Attachments

  • ilife_downloads.gif
    ilife_downloads.gif
    40.5 KB · Views: 5,604

richard5mith

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2002
104
0
Apple have already said they'd be available for download today, there should be no waiting two weeks for them.

The $49 is really only for iDVD, the other three are just in the box for the people who are on slow connections and can't download them.

Remember Apple are GMT-8, so it's only midday for them. Plenty time yet.
 

wheezl

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2002
31
0
Originally posted by richard5mith
Apple have already said they'd be available for download today, there should be no waiting two weeks for them.

The $49 is really only for iDVD, the other three are just in the box for the people who are on slow connections and can't download them.

Remember Apple are GMT-8, so it's only midday for them. Plenty time yet.



iMovie and iPhoto are on software update now.
 

puffmarvin

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2001
98
0
NY
ugh..

i love how people can complain about how the downloads arent available yet... dont you remember that these are FREE upgrades?! i have been using the ilife suite for about a week now and its amazing. it will be well worth the wait.

cheers.:p
 

Soma_Addict

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2002
43
0
oh, and so is iMovie 3.0.1, i dont know if that is a new one or not. i do not like iMovie that much. but it is an 83 meg download.
 

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
8,088
4
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by rugby
Just so you know, iDVD works with 3rd party dvd burners. http://www.xlr8yourmac.com
The Pioneer DVR-105 is the same drive Apple uses. This only means that iDVD can't tell the difference between an Apple supplied Superdrive and a Pioneer DVR-104 or DVR-105.

Other company DVD burners may not work with iDVD 3. This remains to be tested.
 

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
2,923
33
Ha ha haaa!
Here I was expecting to read about 10.2.4 discussion, and I find myself downloading iPhoto 2 and iMovie 3. Thanks guys! :p No, seriously, thanks. :D
 

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
1,639
218
New Zealand
iMovie is 84.5 MB download.
iPhoto is 33.3 MB download.
Wow, that's a lot to download. Thank god I have broadband.
 

yzedf

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2002
1,161
0
Connecticut
Originally posted by pgwalsh
iMovie is 84.5 MB download.
iPhoto is 33.3 MB download.
Wow, that's a lot to download. Thank god I have broadband.

YEAH... cable modems rule!!!

Now I just have to get home...
 

nicmac

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2003
21
0
NY
???????????

Originally posted by hvfsl
The download version of iLife (iPhoto2 and iMovie 3) will not be avaliable until wednesday at the earest because Apple wants as many people as possible to go out and buy it. iLife is out now, but just to buy.

Also Mac OS X 10.2.4 should be out on Wednesday when the new iMacs/iBooks are meant to be released.

Hey hvfsl.......
Do you ever get tired of being right?
 

NanoDoc

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2003
10
0
Hmmm...
Originally posted by Abercrombieboy
I would imagine that possibly today is only the date you can actually go out and buy iLife. It will probably be a couple of weeks until you can download it for free. They want to actually sell some copies.

They might be having some problems with 10.2.4. I could see it delayed a week or two...no big deal really...

Did anyone of you see the previous articles about people receiving word from Apple that the downloads would be available today?

I just downloaded them myself.

CMH
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.