Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Now available in your Software Update:
The 10.3.5 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther" and is recommended for all users.

Key enhancements include:
improved support for NTFS formatted volumes
improves reliability for user logins and mounting of home directories in a networked environment
updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
improved Bluetooth compatibility for Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse and Bluetooth phones
additional FireWire and USB device compatibility
improved font management
updated Mail and Image Capture applications
improved compatibility for third party applications
previous standalone security updates

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25791
For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798

glennsan

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Midwest USA
Mac OS X 10.3.5 Now Available

As much as I'd like to download this tonight and see what the latest and greatest is for the OS I think I will wait until this weekend and see if any problems are found first. (Remember iPhoto 4.0.2?)

Comment

JohnGalt

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2004
Macrumors said:
Now available in your Software Update:

I think I'll wait a day or so for you brave ones after the lil' iPhoto thing that's only what....a week old?

JG

Comment

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
man, after the iPhoto debacle, i'm gonna wait a bit...

if you are willing and brave, please let us know if the update is alright! :D

Comment

AdamR01

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
Yeah I wonder if the NTFS thing adds write support (probably not). It doesnt really matter I just reformatted my external hard drive FAT32 anyways.

Comment

AdamR01

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
Im downloading right now. Maybe Apple decided to release something to try to overshadow Windows XP SP2 being released for the general public :rolleyes: .

Comment

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
Strange

Isn't it strange that Microsoft released XP SP2 to general downloading today and Apple released OS X 10.3.5?

Comment

ij3ffy

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2004
Chicago
Downloadin now.. don't think I'll wait, this update wasn't really expected, so I don't think it was rushed out like a lot of the other updates apple does. So I'm not too worried.

Comment

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
I'll wait until the weekend to install this update ... though I'm very tempted to install it just because. From now on, I usually go to the Apple support discussions and read what people have to say ( and this forum, too)

So keep posting you opinions on this forum, cuz I'm going to read as much as I can until my eyes get tired.

Comment

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
I think I'll wait a few days before I install, since I currently don't have a back up.

And I'll check the XBench scores after I install. 10.3.4 scored a 99.88.

Comment

AdamR01

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
JohnGalt said:
I guess Apple didn't want to be outdone by Mr Softie's SP2 update announcement huh? lol

Something tells me the update wont be as exciting as SP2. Its made my day quite interesting so far.

Comment

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
stoid said:
I think I'm going to wait until the Knowledge Base article on the update EXISTS!!
LOL! I think Apple would put that together once the update is available over at: http://apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/ <-- that's where I'll download the update.

EDIT: Yikes, this is a fast moving thread. I'm outta here -- wait, first, nice job on cutting out the first post bullcrap from the thread, MudBug.

And, zoom, I'm outta here fast. :D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.