Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SasyBabe

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2003
New Jersey
I just went to Borders and looked at a few Mac OS X books... Everyone recommends the Mac OS X: The Missing Manual... there is another book i saw called Mac OS X: windows to Mac... (i think thats the title) It's from the same author. There was also a book called Mac OS X Unleashed, and another one called Mac OS X Hacks. I was wondering which one i should get. I'm NOT totally stupid when it comes to computers...so i dont want something toooo basic (I'm a computer major, so i can figure things out)... I know PCs...and this is my 1st Mac and i would like a book that will help me out with more than just basic stuff like..."HERE IS THE DOCK AND IT IS LIKE A START MENU FOR WINDOWS..." :p

Any advice which book will suit me?? :confused:

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
O'Reilly has some great books, like Mac OS X for Unix Geeks and stuff like that...you should check them out.
I also think that Robin Williams (a woman, not the male actor) is a great writer :D
check out amazon's selection of books.

macktheknife

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2002
If you are really serious about learning the Unix side of OS X, you have to check out "OS X Unleashed" by John Ray. I highly recommend this over other OS X books if you want to go beyond "this is a finder" type of book.

SasyBabe

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2003
New Jersey
Originally posted by macktheknife
If you are really serious about learning the Unix side of OS X, you have to check out "OS X Unleashed" by John Ray. I highly recommend this over other OS X books if you want to go beyond "this is a finder" type of book.

What do u mean by a finder type of book??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.