Mac Pro 2010 High Sierra Install Issue - Mac Won't Boot

gmackay1903

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Scotland
I recently tried to upgrade my Mac Pro 2010 to High Sierra, 10.13.5.

Everything looked to go OK - firmware update looked as if it applied OK, but after first restart - nothing.

I can't even get the boot chime, or access the boot options screen. Tried resetting the SMC / PRAM etc but without success. Just a blank screen.

The computer was working just fine up until the upgrade - any suggestions as to what the problem could be? Desperately need some help and guidance.

gmackay1903

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Scotland
Thanks for that. I did try and do that, the issue I have is I can't get the Mac Pro to give me the boot options screen or force eject the CD drive.

tsialex

macrumors 604
Jun 13, 2016
Brazil
Thanks for that. I did try and do that, the issue I have is I can't get the Mac Pro to give me the boot options screen or force eject the CD drive.
Maybe you have a corrupt firmware in ways that the Firmware Restoration CD can't address, if your Mac Pro don't open the DVD drive. Happened with me and you will need to externally reprogram your SPI flash.

Some service providers do this type of service, they remove the SPI flash memory with a hot air station and program it with SPI flash programmer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.