Looking for any advice on what could be wrong with my Mac Pro 3,1 which no longer boots. I had the machine plugged into a UPS, but the batteries in it are no longer viable. There was a power fluctuation; I heard the UPS beep and the Mac Pro shut down. I have not been able to revive it since.
- Pushing the power button I can hear and see fans start up, the white power light is solid. I can turn it off with no issue by holding the power button.
- There is no startup sound or video output to the monitor
- USB Keyboard appears unresponsive (caps lock light does not activate). However checking with other accessories, USB ports do provide power.
- RAM risers boards light up red LEDs briefly when I turn it on, and then go out after a second or two.
- I have removed all non-essential components including all RAM except 2 DIMMS one in each riser, Removed USB3 PCIe card, Removed all SATA drives, Disconnected DVD drive. Left in ATI 5770 and AHCI PCIe SSD (boot drive).
- I replaced the PRAM battery and cleaned out dust from the inside.
- Attempted to boot with the original video card it came with (Fan sounded terrible, but other than that it made no difference)