Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dxm765

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Hey everyone, i have been a very happy Mac Pro 4,1 owner for almost a month now or so and have completed some upgrades such a a GTX 680 flashed for Mac, 512GB SSD for boot, 32GB of ram, and a nice triple monitor setup :) ....Now the problem, while listening to youtube last night my Mac suddenly rebooted and in the console log i dug up this:

Anyone have any insight or experience with this issue?

Macsonic

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2009
Hey everyone, i have been a very happy Mac Pro 4,1 owner for almost a month now or so and have completed some upgrades such a a GTX 680 flashed for Mac, 512GB SSD for boot, 32GB of ram, and a nice triple monitor setup :) ....Now the problem, while listening to youtube last night my Mac suddenly rebooted and in the console log i dug up this:

[url=http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg80/dxm_xp/ScreenShot2014-10-06at92243PM_zps0301bd00.png]Image[/URL]

Anyone have any insight or experience with this issue?

Though I am not sure what the console log indicates, it might be a power supply issue. Before in our office we had an iMac that would reboot by itself at random and it was traced to a faulty power supply. The power supply was replaced and the iMac was working fine after that. Try to observe further if this rebooting would repeatedly occur. That's a nice Mac Pro as I have used that machine.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Are you using ECC RAM now?

Non ECC RAM won't cause the problem, but it can rule out if that's the RAM's problem.

dxm765

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I am using ECC RAM, it has not happened since that day but i also have not been much on youtube as before. I plan to do some testing this evening

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.