Mac Pro has a mind of it´s own

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by BobHail, Feb 9, 2010.

1. BobHail macrumors 6502a

My (2008) Mac Pro just decides to turn ON from sleep at random. :confused:

I was just sleeping, well I was half awake and then suddenly "snaps, rhhrhrrhrhrrrhrhr" it turned ON. This has happens rarely, but it has happened multiple times in random since I bought it.

What could be the reason for this?

2. Loa macrumors 65816

Loa

Network access?

There's a checkbox in the Energy Saver preference pane, in the System Preferences. Check it, and see if it goes away.

Loa

3. Dragonforce macrumors 6502a

Dragonforce

If you're using a highly sensitive mouse it might be reflections of your table making your Mac think that you moved the mouse. I had to turn down the DPI of my Logitech mouse because it would wake up my Mac even tho no one touched it.

4. BobHail thread starter macrumors 6502a

This can happen if you sleep the display only, but I was talking about putting the computer to sleep, in that case moving the mouse doesn´t matter.

Yeah did that, we´ll see what happens...

5. Dragonforce macrumors 6502a

Dragonforce

Well, if I move my Logitech Performance MX (connected via UnifyingReceiver USB dongle) it DOES wake up from sleep. The "real" sleep, not just display turned off...

6. BobHail thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok. Nothing happens though if I move my Logitech G5.

7. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Could be a flaky USB device. Device poops out for a second, then comes back "online". Mac sees this as a new USB device being inserted and it wakes from sleep.

8. BobHail thread starter macrumors 6502a

After unticking the "network access" it didn´t wake up for awhile, but now it just without warning did it again. :(

I have all the newest updates.

I do have couple USB dongles hooked into the machine. Maybe this is the reason?

Could there ne some way to fix this problem? I wouldn´t want to rip off the dongles and put them back everytime I sleep off/on the Mac Pro.