Mac Pro - Individual Disk Activity monitor - not menumeters/istat

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sean Dempsey, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I have 4 internal disks. One is a raptor. It is loud and starting to make me want to smash my computer from the NOISE.

I have menumeters running with the disk activity monitor, as well as the istat widget. But neither of these shows me WHICH disk is running out of control.

I'd like to know when my Mac Pro starts to beachball and the hard drives are going crazy making noise, which drive exactly is doing all the churning. Right now, all it shows me is a amalgamation of all 4 internal drives on menumeters/istat, but there's no way to know which drives of the 4 are churning, and which aren't.

Does anyone know how I can do this? Menumeters, istat, or activity monitor; none of these do it.

2. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

3. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

How long does a 10k raptor 150g last? I've had it for just around 3 years. Disk Utility reports no errors when verifying, but it just seems like the thing is getting LOUDER AND LOUDER and seems to beachball more and more.

Maybe it's my imagination. I know you're not supposed to reinstall OS X - This is the same install that the Mac Pro came with in June of 2007, Tiger then Leopard, to SL, all just upgrades.

5 gigs of RAM. The raptor is less than half full, all my data files and music and such are on seperate internal drives. All the raptor holds is OS X and apps. Maybe it's just me. I just know that at first, I used to say "Why would anyone be bothered by a Raptors noise?! Wusses lolololol!!!"

And now if I have to hear that Raptor churning away one more time, I might lose it.