Mac Pro Not sleeping when connected to power and/or Cinema Monitor after Lion upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by kylepdx, Jan 4, 2012.

1. kylepdx macrumors newbie

Upon upgrading to Lion I have found that the laptop will not go into sleep mode when the power cord is plugged in and you shut the lid (clamshell). This is also the case when clamshell to a Cinema Monitor. I can only get it to sleep if I disconnect both the power AND the Monitor and leave the laptop to sleep on its own accord or force sleep. If either are still connected (power/Cinema) it will not sleep on it's own. If I force sleep it, only the monitors turn off but it doesn't go to sleep and it doesn't come out of whatever it is now doing.

Anyone else having sleep issues when power (and/or Cinema) is attached?

Any suggestions on this issue.

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Have you tried simply going to the Apple Menu and hitting Sleep? Or pressing the power button and choosing sleep? You can set the power button to sleep the computer when it's already on, which might be convenient.

3. pxforti macrumors newbie

I have same problem with macbook and cinema display and lion (worked fine in leopard). computer won't go into sleep automatically based on energy setting; eg, 1 minute. If I unplug power, it goes to sleep.

Of course, I can select sleep from the menu, but I want it to automatically go to sleep after x minutes of no use.

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Have you made sure that the settings you are adjusting are under "Power Adapter" and not "Battery"?