Mac Pro Unboxing ($9,599) and Sharp 4K Monitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

motegi

macrumors regular
May 14, 2009
sydney.au
We know how much it costs. Why post the price again?

We get it. We see the MacPro, we see the jewelled watch. You have money and like everyone to know you have money. Now we know.

Can this be merged with the other thread now?

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
As a avid fan of haute horlogerie, that watch is an affront to mankind. There are no redeeming qualities to that bedazzled monster, from the atrocious, oversized face and horrible Arabic numerals to the mismatched alligator leather. If I wore that to work (at my former consulting job), I'd have been fired on the spot.

Sell that overpriced embarrassment and buy yourself something respectable that a man can actually be proud of, such as a half-decent Patek or Baume & Mercier. You'd probably save yourself a few thousand dollars, not to mention the ridicule of your peers and strangers online. :)

apolloa

macrumors G5
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
A guy posts a video, the first one, of the fully specced Pro unboxing, and could post others of the Sharp 4K monitor and setup etc, and the first two comments slag off his watch or complain he has money!

I guess respect and manners lack in the Mac Rumors community...

It's also pretty funny how many didn't believe the guy actually bought the computer. And here's the proof he did.

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
A guy posts a video, the first one, of the fully specced Pro unboxing, and could post others of the Sharp 4K monitor and setup etc, and the first two comments slag off his watch or complain he has money!

I think the OP is the one without respect and manners. Do you actually think he's posting his video to share, rather than to brag? Don't be naive. I also bought a maxed model for work (and I actually plan to use it for work), but I'm not going to make a brand-new thread just to advertise the price of it alongside my watch collection. It's obvious what the OP's intention is; he's not the first, and he won't be the last.

Also, what difference does the spec make for unboxing? It's going to look identical to any other model. There's plenty of unboxing videos on the internet already.

And I stand by my comments on the watch -- it's just awful. I could not take someone serious wearing that and no businessman or professional that I know of would either. I'm not hating on the OP; you are free to do whatever you want with your money. I'm just giving you some professional advice. Drop it. It makes you look like an idiot. Get something respectable and timeless that your kids would be proud to see you wearing. If my dad wore that when I was growing up, I would've gotten emancipated due to sheer shame. Should you need recommendations, I would be happy to help. Just remember, no bedazzling.

Last edited:

mrkennethtong

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013

It's also pretty funny how many didn't believe the guy actually bought the computer. And here's the proof he did.
I am being Cyber-Bullied.

VitoC

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2013
I unboxed my fully loaded nMP without a video taken with a Glass and a douchey watch. Probably works just as well. Noticed you grunted when you lifted that little guy out the box. Lift much?

VitoC

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2013

The guys is a douchebag. We call him out as one.

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
I have all those watches, had a Dinner to attend earlier. This Franck Muller looks great with a suit.
Then you have some good taste, and plenty of bad. If you have watches from those houses, by Jove, why would you buy this travesty?! Trust me, it does not look good with a suit. It does not look good with anything.

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
We should thank the OP for illustrating a very good life lesson. Don't take steroids, kids, or you might become this guy. It makes your muscles big, but your you-know-what very small. :D And then you have to compensate by buying things and posting it online to try and impress strangers, since no one actually cares.

Thanks for the laugh, kid. I'm going to go do some work now on my maxed nMP. I'm curing cancer. Literally. Enjoy, Facebook.

VitoC

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2013
According to previous thread, he wants to make sure that he can keep up with Facebook. Who am I to criticize? I recently used a flamethrower to start my charcoal grill.
And I drive an AM Vanquish Volante to get to work, but you don't see me posting threads about it.

mrkennethtong

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
We should thank the OP for illustrating a very good life lesson. Don't take steroids, kids, or you might become this guy. It makes your muscles big, but your you-know-what very small. :D
I find that very complimentary. I am all natural.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Bay Area, Ca.
I think the hate is off the hook. lol if he's having a good time with his stuff so be it.

If he wants to use a $9000 mac pro as a facebook machine I don't have a problem with that. I don't even think it's disrespectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.