.Mac users -can i change the URL for the hompage to be the same as an emailonly acct?

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
I finally gave in an got .Mac with an understanding with my mother that she could have the homepage, and an email account. So when I got .Mac, I set up an email-only account. Now I need to change the homepage url to the same name as the email-only account (ie homepage.mac.com/[email-only acct]. I don't need the homepage for the main name, just the alternate. Thanks in advance.

BTW, before you tell me to put this in the .Mac boards at Apple, I already have, and haven't heard back yet. I'm posting here for a hopefully speedier response! :)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I don't think you can do it, only the account with FULL .Mac membership has the iDisk and so the webspace, the e-mail only accounts are just that, email only.
You're stuck with the primary .Mac registration as your URL.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Originally posted by RBMaraman
With email only accounts, you get email, email, and more email. Email is the only thing you get. Hope that helps.
Dang. Too bad. On that note, does anyone know if it's possible to switch which email address is the main one (ie make the email-only account the full one, and the original the email-only?)