Mac wont wake up, also menu bar frozen acts busy /frozen time

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Xavieryz, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Xavieryz macrumors newbie

Hello everyone I have this problem with my mac and I will start by saying I have all Updates on my Imac 24" alum.

This problem started a few days ago. This install is 16months old and running with no problems until now.

in the morning I wake up to a blank screen (normal) however it will not wake up from sleep I have to do a hard reset. If I put the computer into sleep it will wake up when I want it to. So I think it is when its been idle for a few hours or more.

also I noticed that the Menu bar time is frozen and when I move the mouse over the icon I get a busy Icon. I've tried to run Activity monitor, or disk utility while the menu bar is frozen but they are unresponsive and will not load

I turned off sleep last night and woke up to the mac working ok, but I still have the menu bar problems.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

2. erichmatt macrumors newbie

Have you tried and SMC reset?

Shutdown the computer and disconnect the power cable for at least 15 seconds. It may fix the sleep issues.

I would try making a new user account to test the menubar issues.

3. Xavieryz thread starter macrumors newbie

so far there hasn't been any issues with a different user account.....now how to I fix my main account