MacBook 12” screen protector

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Banjo&kazooie98, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Banjo&kazooie98 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Just got myself a MacBook 12”. So far loving it. Just was wondering if anyone that has one is putting a screen protector on theirs. If not how durable are you finding the screen? I have seen some reviews where people are saying they randomly end up having some scratches on the screen due to the keyboard I think this might be because of extra pressure being placed on the frame when it is in a backpack between books but not entirely sure. What’s your take on it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
  3. Banjo&kazooie98 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply Clix Pix much appreciated. Did you experience something similar which is why you decided to use the cloth or just did as a preventative measure? I saw some reviews where people removed screen protectors and it damaged the bezel of their MacBook. Only reason I held out on getting one.

Thanks again.

4. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I have been using the RadTech ScreenSavrz for many years and I think it was probably on this very site that I first learned about them, and it sounded like a good idea. They are very practical in that they also provide a handy cloth with which to wipe off a smudge or smear along the way, too.

As for the cloth preventing something like what I think you mean, the de-lamination issue, no, it won't do that. Even though my machine had always had a ScreenSavrz, I experienced that on my 13" 2015 MBP. None of my other Mac notebooks has ever had that -- and they have all had ScreenSavrz since just about Day One. That particular situation is something which comes about as a result of an inherent fault in the manufacturing process, not due to anything such as keys from the keyboard pressing too hard on the computer's screen. A lot depends upon how the machine itself is constructed, and I know that with the 2016 and 2017 MacBook Pros the RadTech company had to somewhat modify the design in order to be sure that the microfibre cloth would not inadvertently cause damage to the screen it was trying to protect.

5. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Exactly what I have been looking for. Just ordered one, thank you

6. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

I just put a micro fibre cloth that I got with my sunglasses on the keyboard before closing the lid. That way you won't get any key prints on your screen and you automatically have a cloth available to clean your screen when needed.

7. Banjo&kazooie98 thread starter macrumors newbie

I ended up ordering from RadTech. It seems like a safer way to go rather than meddling with the screen protector.

Thanks again for the feedback.

8. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I did too. Last night around 9pm and the items were shipped today

9. Huffboys1 macrumors member

Just ordered one for my MBP.

10. tomscott1988 macrumors 6502a

tomscott1988

I travel with my macbook and it has got the usual lines from where the keyboard meets the trackpad and key marks on the screen which is so annoying. Every Apple laptop I have had did the same, they flex and the screen takes the brunt of the wear.

Ive had 4 replaced in the past also had one on this macbook but its out of warranty now.

Waiting for one with twin USB/TB ports.