Macbook 13" - Intel Duo - Broken CD/DVD Drive - Garage Sale - $115 -Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gamer220, Aug 14, 2010.

1. gamer220 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if $115 for a macbook 13" that has a broken cd/dvd drive is a good deal. Should i buy this?

On craigslist this is what the ad said:

It's a 13" MacBook. Comes with padded computer sleeve, CS3, Microsoft Office and the standard Apple programs that came with the laptop. $115. The cd/dvd drive does not work. Apple said they could fix it, but I didn't want them to take all the programs off and have to re-install everything. It's not under warranty anymore.

1.83Ghz Intel Core Duo
    2GB Ram
    Running Mac OS X 10.4.11

If I would buy this I would want to have it run the latest Snow Leopard. I believe this macbook is compatible with it but since its cdrom is broke i will have a hard time installing it. How much would a new cd/dvd drive cost and is this computer worth buying for such a cheap price. In reality, I never use the dvd drive on my laptop so I will prolly only need it to install Snow Leopard. Whats your thoughts? I been wanting a macbook for a while and this would be my first.

EDIT: The title of the thread is wrong. Its a Intel Core Duo.

Attached Files:

2. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

$115 for a near perfect macbook?:confused::eek:

are you sure its not a scam? If I were you I'd check it first before buying it. Take someone who has more knowledge about computers with you so that they can check if everything is alright with it. $115 is too low IMO. It can easily be sold for $450+ .

3. gamer220 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya it seems fishy. I will check it out and see if it is in good condition.

4. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

It's too good to be true. Which means that you might get very lucky if it turns out to be genuine.

5. gamer220 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I ended up getting there too late and it was already sold. What a bummer.

6. SidBala macrumors 6502a