MacBook 13" Unibody - screen - 6 faint circles only visible when wet?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NuttyBars, Apr 20, 2009.

1. NuttyBars macrumors newbie

I was cleaning my screen with glass cleaner (lens cleaner, more specifically) and the cloth that came with the MacBook, and I noticed 6 perfectly equally-spaced circles -- either water marks or something on the screen. When dry, they are not visible at all.

Could this be a slight manufacturing defect? Or maybe just an artifact of the construction process?

I use a Moshi ClearGuard on the keyboard, but these are not the shape of the keys, and any finger oils wiped off perfectly with the lens cleaner.

Since my screen is usually dry, I don't really care about this unless it can cause problems later on. Do any of you see this on your MacBooks?

2. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

lens cleaner? LCD screens are not optical glass. What are the ingredients?

3. Xapphire13 macrumors regular

Xapphire13

However, it states he has a unibody MacBook... these have a sheet of glass in front of the actual LCD.

And to the OP, when I use lens cleaner I don't find any circles. Sorry

4. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

They are like crop circles, but with the global recession, the extra-terrestrial community has to operate on a smaller scale. Corporate sponsorship has tightened up a lot;)

5. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Interesting. I came across something similar on a UK VW forum where a couple of posters had noticed similar circles on their windscreens/windshields. The effect was caused by the suction device used in final assembly on the production line. I wonder if Apple use something similar to assemble the screen components?