Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I saw that... incredibly good deal. eBay somehow works out some amazing deals. A few weeks ago, I bought a Nook Color on eBay for $199 brand new from BN. The deals are amazing, and I just don't know how eBay is negotiating them or why the retailers would want to sell for less money through eBay than they do on their own online stores.

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
US based digital nomad
Wow. I just bought a refurb for $928 incl tax. I'd probably return it right now if it weren't for cashing in $150 in gift cards.

EDIT: 510 sold at this moment.

radiohead14

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2008
nyc
it is quite tempting, as i just got my tax return money and this has free shipping and i could avoid the NYC tax.. decisions decisions... :)

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
Mr rebates has 3% cashback for ebay.

Also you can sign up for ebay bucks and get 2-4%.

Also check all of your ebay accounts, some accounts are getting a 10% off coupon from ebay.

Sign in and look at the top of the page, it should say 10% off coupon or something like that.

hamneggs

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
In a van down by the river
The coupon was in very small print at the top of the page once you sign in to your ebay account. Just click on it and it will give you a redemption code you will have to apply during checkout with paypal.

Tachyon SR1

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2011
USA
hamneggs,

Thanks for replying! I just signed in and out again. I'm still not seeing it. Would you mind PM'ng me a link of it? Perhaps it's because I don't shop on eBay enough if it's one of those targeted deals.

hamneggs

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
@Tachyon SR1
I won't be able to send you a link because its only available in 'your ebay'
Basically if you have a paypal account you should be eligible. What I did was log into my ebay account and at the top of the page where it says
Hi, (username!) (sign out)
directly to the right of that it should tell you if you have a coupon available or something else. Right now mine says i am invited to join ebay bucks (since i used my coupon).

hope this helps

Tachyon SR1

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2011
USA
@Tachyon SR1
I won't be able to send you a link because its only available in 'your ebay'
Basically if you have a paypal account you should be eligible. What I did was log into my ebay account and at the top of the page where it says
Hi, (username!) (sign out)
directly to the right of that it should tell you if you have a coupon available or something else. Right now mine says i am invited to join ebay bucks (since i used my coupon).

hope this helps

Hello again hamneggs,

I appreciate your help. I think it's targeted to specific eBay users because I don't see the same offer. However, I do see the eBay Bucks information so I signed up for that. I do have a PP account, as well. Thanks for checking! I'll probably still pick it up!

hamneggs

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
One thing i find interesting is that macmall doesn't offer apple returns,
however~ through this ebay auction they do offer a 30 day money back guarantee sans shipping and a 15% restocking fee.
Thought that was interesting.

bizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
$765 with the 10% off coupon. I have one on my account. Anyone know if it actually works on this item? I am about to crap my pants, I want this so bad.

edit: looks like it will work

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-29 at 8.32.01 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-03-29 at 8.32.01 AM.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

SeanU

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Thanks everyone...

I almost pulled the trigger on the 11" in the Apple store last week... this deal cinched it for me. $764, no tax, no shipping to NJ. Woot!

mrkjsn

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
:( Burn...no 10% coupon for me. I want this but not quite a deal I can't pass up without the 10% coupon.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2010
:( Burn...no 10% coupon for me. I want this but not quite a deal I can't pass up without the 10% coupon.

its still a deal ! you get 3% cashback and 2% ebay bucks , thats like paying $808 , u will be able to sell it used in 6 months for that much i am guessing !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.