MacBook Air 2014 doesn't connect to internet after Mojave (wifi / LAN), super slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Personal Jesus, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Personal Jesus macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,

so I recently installed Mojave on my 2014 MacBook Air, a few hours after it was available in the store. Didn't use it for a couple of days, and now I opened it up again and when I try to access the internet, Safari cannot find the server. It doesn't matter whether I go online via Wifi or use a LAN cable (with adaptor).

Also, the MacBook is now super slow (I frequently get the spinning ball) and basically all of my apps don't open, crash when I try to open them or are incredibly laggy / unusable.

What can I do besides installing a Time Machine backup / resetting my MacBook? Did any of you experience similar issues?

(As I am writing this on my iMac, I am rebooting my MacBook Air and it takes >3 minutes already...)

2. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

Did you perform an upgrade or clean install of Mojave?

I upgraded my early 2015 Air from High Sierra and it seems the same in terms of boot times and speed.

3. Personal Jesus thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured out what the problem was: Little Snitch wasn't ugpraded to the most recent, Mojave-compatible version. It caused my system to slow down massively, and somehow caused my MacBook not to connect to the internet anymore - which, of course, made it impossible for me to upgrade the app. I then downloaded the most recent LS version via my iMac and installed it on the MacBook, and now everything works fine.

4. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

Thanks for posting your solution. Glad it's now sorted.

5. Vlad.E. Suspended

Vlad.E.

Do you find Little Snitch useful in day to day tasks??

6. Personal Jesus thread starter macrumors newbie

These days - not so much. However, some time ago I frequently worked with software that, for reasons that I do not want to post publicly but I'm sure you can figure out anyway, I did not want to "phone home" ;-)

7. Vlad.E. Suspended

Vlad.E.

Got it, thanks.