Macbook Air doesnt starting up.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zuraloves, Nov 28, 2009.

1. zuraloves macrumors newbie

"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button for several seconds or press the Restart button."

I get this message everytime I turn on my MacBook Air and cannot get past it.

When i turn the power off, it hang for quite a long time and this screen appears, http://www.flickr.com/photos/36836508@N04/4142594130/

Macbook Air OS x 10.5.

Before this happened, i went on skype and firefox. But then it hanged, so i had to hold the power button to shut it down. I meant to restart it back but then i couldnt. This problem appears.

Just before it happened, i dont have any start up application. But before, they were adium, skype and transmission. And my 'HUAWEI mobile connect broadband internet' connect automatically. and i dont use time machine.

please help me.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

That's called a kernel panic. How far does the MacBook Air get before it kernel panics? Do you hear a chime?

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you unplug the mobile broadband card, does this still happen?

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I got loads of kernel panics when I had that brand of broadband card on my MacBook.

5. JosephDuffy macrumors regular

As others have said, this is Kernel Panic Message.
    I had this error when I had Yoggie Personal Security Installed.
    It turns out it's some incompatible software (In my case, not 10.6.x Compatible).
    So if you can get to a screen, try disabling anything you can, it gave me around 3 minutes before it ave me the error.
    Also, 3rd party/damaged RAM/other hardware MAY cause this error, try checking the RAM if nothing else works.
    Can you explain where EXACTLY it "stops starting up"?
    Thanks
    Joseph Duffy