MacBook Air is unbalanced...can I take it to Apple Store and have them "fix" it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Noble Actual, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

Basically, my 2013 13" MBA has been great for the past few years. Only problem I began to realize was that the left side of the MacBook is slightly unbalanced, so whenever I type it make a pretty noticeable noise.

At first I thought it was because of the case that did it but after taking it off, I realized that it was in fact the MBA itself.

Obviously, I don't have the free one year warranty anymore since its been 2 years. What are the chances Apple would be wiling to bend it slightly to fix the problem? I've read online that this seems to be a fairly common issue and that people have done it themselves, but I don't want to take the risk.

Would have no problem with it if it didn't make the noise, but its fairly irritating to be typing in a quite place like the library and have it make the noise.

I'm not asking for a complete full brand new MacBook, but I'm pretty worried that Apple will just say sorry because maybe it was fine when I first got it but it just bends over use (never dropped it or anything/took super care of it).

Just wondering if anyone has experience it stuff like this?

2. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

The genius Bar will tell you to replace the aluminum bottom. I do not know the cost to replace.

Can't you put a pad underneath to prevent the Air from moving up and down while typing?

Or look for a local Apple repair shop to unbend your Air?

3. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

Funny you should say that. Because I went to the Mac store to get a laptop but they didnt have all the MacBooks available. They had the MacBook Air which has no CD port. Oh well. I need CDs. This issue is unfixed.

4. pbasmadj macrumors 6502

Who on earth still uses CDs? Do yourself the favor and stop that. If necessary, you can get the external drive.

5. Noble Actual thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL, why are people talking about CDs here...

Anyways, for whatever reason, the problem got fixed automatically. Maybe my MacBook can shapeshift but the left side seems fine.

6. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

Ok. I only buy Apple.