Macbook Aluminum 2.0 ghz have fan noise?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrgeek, Oct 31, 2009.

1. mrgeek macrumors member

I have recently purchase this refurbished aluminum refurbished from apple store online about month ago, and i hopes it's not defect product. The temp is around 60 to 77 c, and fan goes from 1800 to 3500 rmp. Do you think it's normal? I trying to set it to 1800 rpm for the fan like very quite sound rather normal.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Which temperature sensor? And what are you doing with the computer at the moment? Where are you using it (on a desk, on your lap, on a bed...)?

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

First of all, tell us. Where are you using your Mac? What are you doing with it (ie Software being used)?

What's an estimate of room temperature.

4. mrgeek thread starter macrumors member

I listen to music,youtube,movies or microsoft office. Is that too much cpu?

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Youtube at times can be CPU intensive on a Mac. But not enough to spike a CPU like that.

6. bradbowl macrumors member

My macbook 2.0 GHz aluminum is very silent when doing pretty much everything except watching youtube or movies. Like others have said it also is really dependent on the surface it's sitting on. I have mine propped up on a desk most of the time but if it's sitting on my bed or couch and youtube is playing, the fans will be going full blast.