MacBook Audio Device Freezing! D: and Delicate Headphone Jack?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JacobHolmes, Apr 9, 2010.

1. JacobHolmes macrumors newbie

JacobHolmes

Hi, I am using a unibody MacBook (non-Pro). I have 2 issues, the first one is that whenever I plug in an audio device such as headphones or speakers while iTunes is playing, the song will freeze for about 30 seconds. The computer gets very laggy and iTunes freezes. Not even the media/volume buttons on the keyboard work. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and iTunes 9.1 (79). ALSO i have another problem I have been having since I got the MacBook I'm sure. I plug in a device into the standard headphone jack, and it just kind of sits there half plugged in (like not clicked in all the way). And so i have to push it to make it actually work, but here's the thing, if I'm listening to music in bed for example or on a slightly non-solid surface the headphones will just "pop out"! ... Like not literally but they will come out a slight bit and then the audio starts playing through the internal MacBook speakers. I'm pretty sure (but don't quote me on it) that Apple earphones do not pop out. If this is some sort of technique Apple is using to get me to buy their headphones then forget about it. I love to listen to music so I need my nice headphones. BTW the headphones I am using DO NOT "pop out" of any other audio device I own. In fact I can hang my iPod Touch from them without them coming out or loosing connection. Most audio devices I plug into the MacBook have the same problem, except the Apple branded iPod headphones as I mentioned earlier.

Thank you so much for your time, if anyone can help me please post a response or e-mail me at jacobholmes@live.ca

2. JacobHolmes thread starter macrumors newbie

JacobHolmes

Anyone there?

Oh come on doesn't anyone have any thoughts or ideas? Is anyone even reading this??? :(

3. JacobHolmes thread starter macrumors newbie

JacobHolmes

4. JacobHolmes thread starter macrumors newbie

JacobHolmes

5. Sebastianmonty macrumors newbie

Mine also does this. I have been looking into a fix. Has 10.6.3 improved this? I haven't installed the update yet myself.

6. Mukei macrumors newbie