Macbook baught in one country still have warranty in another?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kinkster, Oct 28, 2008.

1. kinkster macrumors 6502a

I have two questions. The first is in the title of course. Specifically if I buy one of the new macbooks from another country over ebay will the one year warranty still work without any trouble? Would i need the receipt or anything else?

Also, do you think that getting the 2.4Ghz macbook over the 2.0 is worth $160? I could definatly use the back lit keys, and I suppose the extra cost would be partly mitigated by it also having a higher resale value when it comes time to sell it. And if do want to upgrade to a 7200RPM drive I could just use the 250 for backups.

2. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Yep, apple warranty is international, and in my opinion i would go for the 2.4ghz if the money is available, it'll last for longer.

3. Primus84 macrumors 6502

Can't see how the tiny speed-bump will make any difference in the longevity of the laptop? :confused:

4. GoCubsGo, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2011

GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I agree. BUT I think I can twist what is written and say that I think the poster meant that the speed increase may be best in the long run as applications will want to utilize faster processors making the 2.0 outdated faster than the 2.4. Maybe.

5. Primus84 macrumors 6502

Can't see that either, 2.4 over 2.0 is going to give very little appreciable difference in performance.